HUNT 30 Carbon Aero Disc Wheelset
Aero, super wide and incredibly lightweight.
Look no further for a do-it-all carbon disc-brake wheelset than the 30 Carbon Aero Disc. Ultimate climbing performance, and incredibly capable on rolling terrain. The super-wide 27mm rim provides superior aerodynamic performance. The U-profile serves up great handling and reduces drag across multiple wind yaw-angles. The extra-wide 20mm internal rim bed opens out your tyre profile providing exceptional vibration reduction, grip and low rolling-resistance. Stretch the gaps and burn the legs of your riding compatriots.
The straight pull hubs and bladed spokes reduce weight, add strength and respond instantly to your accelerations. The freehub body on the HUNT Sprint hub features 48 teeth on the ratchet ring, and treble-tooth pawls, providing incredible 7.5 degree engagement. Perfect for when the hammer goes down and you need an instant response.
- Disc-specific, unidirectional T24/30 carbon with 3K weave re-enforced spoke holes
- 20mm internal and 27mm external width
- 30mm depth U-shape aero profile
- Tubeless ready: H-lock bead-seat for easy and secure tubeless installation
- Matte black finish with matte white graphics
- Equally good for tubeless set-ups and clincher tyres with inner tubes
- Hunt Race Season Sprint Disc straight-pull super-light alloy hubs
- Forged and CNC'd 6061-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy hub bodies
- Sealed cartridge replaceable units; rear hub upgraded to even faster rolling LU/LB low-friction sealed internal face, dual sealed external face bearings
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy axles
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy freehub; 3x treble-tooth individually leaf sprung pawls with 48 teeth on the ratchet ring for fast 7.5 degree engagement and instant acceleration
- Steel Spline Insert freehub body reinforcement provides excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage to the freehub often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies
- Polished anodised black finish with laser graphics
- Shimano/SRAM 8-11 speed compatible
- SRAM XD Driver and Campagnolo freehub bodies available separately
- Centre-lock disc mount, 6-bolt disc adaptors included
- 12mm thru axles (12x142mm rear)
- Other axle sizes available separately:
Front: QR, Bolt thru 9mm
Rear: QR, Bolt thru 12x135, 10x135
- Straight-pull cold drawn from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Aero butted 2.0-2.2/0.95-2.0 (then 2.2 at the head for the patented Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement)
- 20 front and 24 rear laced 2 cross
- Black stainless treatment
- Black anodised alloy nipples
- Includes Hunt Blackshield tubeless tape and Hunt Wedgr black tubeless valves, 8-10 speed cassette spacer, spare spokes and nipples, spoke key, pair of 6 bolt disc adapters.
- Weight: 1347g
- Recommended upper rider weight limit: 100kg
- 3 year warranty
Hunt 30 Carbon Aero Disc wheelset review, Cycling Tips (see here for the full review):
"Hunt's pricing for the 30Carbon Aero Disc wheelset is too high to ever describe it as a bargain, but consider this: in terms of performance, I'd put in the same category as Zipp's disc-equipped Firecrest 202 clinchers. Both wheelsets offer the same kind of versatility and class, yet Hunt bests Zipp on the basis of weight, price, and tubeless compatibility.
Looking at the rest of the market, it's hard to find a road disc wheelset that can compete with Hunt's 30Carbon Aero Disc wheelset on every front. As a result, it really appears that Hunt has outpaced the market (at least for now) and that this is one upgrade that road disc bike owners cannot afford to overlook."
Hunt 30 Carbon Aero Disc wheelset review, road.cc (see here for the full review):
Hunt has created a quality set of wheels here, choosing solid components that do the job without hassle. The weight is exceptional and the fact that they are so tough and durable is testament to their quality - impressive when considering the cost.
A lightweight, stiff and durable wheelset that'll work brilliantly across a range of road riding disciplines.
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.