SARIS M2 Smart Trainer
Whether you want to attend a group ride in Zwift, climb the Dolomites in Rouvy or simply need a sweat session, the M2 smart trainer can get you there. All you need is your bike, the M2, your favourite virtual training software and device of choice.
The M2 is a do-it-all, interactive bike trainer capable of replicating any workout thrown its way, up to 1500 watts and a 15% climbing gradient. Simply connect to your indoor cycling app of choice via integrated dual-band ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth, and let the M2's electromagnetic response system do the rest. And thanks to integrated speed, cadence and power data, you can track and record performance data without extra external sensors. Plus, the innovative clutch knob ensures perfect tyre-to roller connection for every single ride.
- Robust design is capable of handling up to 1500 watts and can simulate up to a 15% climbing grade
- Fast response and controlled electromagnetic resistance provides a precise workout every time
- No External Sensors Required: measures speed, cadence and power
- Seamless Integration: connects to indoor cycling apps with dual ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth standards
- Zwift certified
- Includes one month subscription to Rouvy virtual training app
- Headless mode (powered on, not paired to any apps) lets you ride with a progressive resistance curve that matches the Saris Fluid2 trainer
- Internal cooling system moves air through the trainer to keep it cool while active thermal sensors ensure accurate performance data even during the hardest of workouts
- Noise level is a quiet 69 decibels at 20 mph
- Provides accurate power readings up to +/- 5%
- LED indicator lights communicate connectivity and more
- Designed to fit common road and mountain bike frames with included steel quick release skewer and has three settings for rear dropout spacing: 120mm, 130mm and 135mm
- Optional thru-axle adapter available for 142x12mm and 148x12mm
- Classic foldable frame with spring loaded, bolt-action lever
- Eccentric levelling feet allow for easy adjustment on uneven surfaces
- Precision-machined alloy roller reduces tyre wear and slippage
- Features clutch knob for perfect roller to tyre tension each ride
- 2" resistance unit roller allows for 650b, 700c, 26", 27", and 29" (up to a 2.0 width tyre)
- Over the air (OTA) firmware updates via Bluetooth devices ensures the M2 is up to date
- Trainer is tested to the combined weight (rider and bike) of 300 lbs
- Trainer tyre is recommended
- USB dongles not included
- Made in Wisconsin, USA
What is Zwift? A quick review:
Saris M2 review, Cycling Plus magazine, January 2020:
"The folding 'A' framed M2 is a budget trainer that provides a good introduction into the world of interactive training.
This unit has internally integrated speed, cadence and power data, eliminating the need for any extra external sensors. It has integrated dual ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth for easy connectivity and works with all the third-party software packages.
It offers up to 1500 watts of resistance. Changes of resistance are impressive for a trainer of this price. We found power levels to be pretty accurate and within Saris's suggested 5 per cent accuracy. This unit can simulate up to 15 per cent gradient.
The ride is solid without feeling overly harsh but it's never going to have the feeling of a direct-drive trainer. It is noisier than any of the direct-drive units here too."
Small price, big resistance
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.