ORBEA Orca Aero M20iLTD 2022
|Options||Sizes: 47, 49, 51cm; Colour: Borealis Blue/Raw Carbon; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 53cm; Colour: Borealis Blue/Raw Carbon; EXPECTED LATE DECEMBER 2022; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: 55cm; Colour: Borealis Blue/Raw Carbon; EXPECTED MID OCTOBER 2022; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: 57cm; Colour: Borealis Blue/Raw Carbon; EXPECTED EARLY JULY 2022; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: 60cm; Colour: Borealis Blue/Raw Carbon; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Sizes: 47, 49, 51cm; Colour: Red Wine/Matte Raw Carbon; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 53cm; Colour: Red Wine/Matte Raw Carbon; EXPECTED LATE FEBRUARY 2022; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: 55cm; Colour: Red Wine/Matte Raw Carbon; EXPECTED LATE MARCH 2022; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: 57cm; Colour: Red Wine/Matte Raw Carbon; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 60cm; Colour: Red Wine/Matte Raw Carbon; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
It's hard to beat the sensation of power that comes from a great aero bike. What rider is ambivalent about a machine that is designed to give back free watts? Is there a competitor who doesn't grasp every last advantage in the battle for speed? Orca Aero delivers these prizes - along with the willingness to to go all-out, all day, without hesitation. Long live the bike that balances the emotional and rational desires inside each of us. Long live Orca Aero.
The all-new Orca Aero M20iLTD, equipped with Shimano's all-new 12-speed Ultegra electronic disc groupset and Vision 40 carbon aero wheels, is super-fast, responsive and beautiful.
The key to building the best aero road bike is finding the balance of aerodynamics, stiffness and handling, and identifying additional performance factors that allow the rider to increase efficiency.
Orca Aero builds on the development of the fabulous Ordu TT bike. Thousands of hours of computer modelling, wind tunnel sessions and field testing, and considering every single component, searching for the sweet spot, has resulted in the new Orca Aero. Aligning the frame with the airflow, optimising cross-sections, smoothing transitions and myriad other improvements mean a big reduction in drag.
- Horizontal top tube and chainstays improve airflow
- Aerodynamically optimised down tube and seat tube profiles for 25-28mm tyres
- Single profile transitions between head tube and downtube and the seat tube and seat stays reduce turbulence in these areas
- Drag around the rear wheel has been reduced by aligning the upper seat tube junction with the airflow
- New aerodynamically designed fork is optimised for high profile wheels.
- New OC aero handlebar, stem and seatpost reduce drag by 2%
Combined, these features reduce drag by 15 watts at 40 km/h and 28 watts at 50 km/h. Slipping effortlessly through the air, that instant feedback of a world-class aero bike. There is no better feeling.
Stiffness to Weight
It's a huge challenge to design a pure aero bike without adding weight and compromising climbing ability.
Stiffness is the key to power transmission. The large majority of torsional and lateral loads are handled by the lower spine of the frame. A frame which is stiff in the right places means direct power transmission to the rear wheel.
Orbea use the most technologically advanced carbon construction available to make the most sophisticated frame possible. Producing OMX Carbon, the pinnacle of carbon fibre bicycle manufacturing, is a complex and painstaking process but the result can be appreciated in the saddle.
Carefully designing critical sections of the frame and optimising the OMX carbon lay-up and cross-sections means class-leading stiffness to weight ratios. Testing showed that Orca Aero had no power transfer efficiency loss, even on the hardest climbs. Orca Aero is one of the most efficient, fastest aero frames on the market. It is one of the best climbing aero bikes.
One of the most important points to consider when determining geometry is that the bike must be easy to ride. Going fast isn't just a by-product of good aerodynamics, it requires precise control over the bike.
Great handling comes from a great geometry:
- Shorter wheelbase is more responsive
- Shorter chainstays for better acceleration
- Size-specific fork trail gives improved control for all frame sizes
- Lower stack and bigger bottom bracket drop give better aerodynamics and stability
Additional Performance Factors
Superior Ergonomics and Integration
The all-new OC Cockpit has been designed for a perfect balance of aerodynamics, stiffness to weight and ergonomics. Moving away from a fully integrated cockpit gives massive ergonomic gains for very little compromise. Rotate your bars, change stem lengths or change handlebar widths to get the perfect position, improve aerodynamics and reduce fatigue.
Better ergonomics improves rider comfort, aerodynamics and control. Which means more speed!
- OC2 ICR stems ensure a perfect fit and full cable integration, and includes a computer mount interface with tilt adjust for your preferred viewing position
- One of the fastest, most ergonomic aero handlebars, the OC3 carbon handlebar has a 5 degree flare and up to 15 degrees of rotation; this and the stem have excellent stiffness suitable for even the most aggressive sprinters
- The new lightweight Aero OMX carbon seatpost has reduced drag compared with previous versions, and has a good range of adjustment: 0 to 25mm for the setback and +/- 10 degree tilt
- Aero bottle and cage: airflow around the downtube rolls seamlessly past the bottle and cage, and nothing impedes the beautiful look of the frame; if you need more carrying capacity, there are standard bottle mounts on the down tube and seat tube
- Storage: the age-old question of where to carry essential tools, tubes and identification is answered by the integrated Toolbox behind the front wheel; like the bottle cage, the Toolbox is not only useful but aerodynamically beneficial; whether you fill it up or leave it empty, it's yet another feature that makes Orca Aero faster
- With clearance for 30c tyres, Orca Aero acknowledges that speed can also be comfortable - a wider tyre inflated to lower pressures can reduce rolling resistance and the added air volume dramatically increases compliance and traction
Upgrades from Orca Aero M20LTD:
- 12 speed Shimano Ultegra R8150 Di2 electronic drivetrain
- Shimano Ultegra R8170 brakes
- Vision 40 SC Disc Carbon wheelset
|Frame||Orca Aero Carbon OMX disc, monocoque construction, tapered headtube 1 1/8" - 1.5", BB 386mm, powermeter compatible, 12x142mm rear thru axle, internal cable routing.
|Forks||Orca Aero OMX ICR disc, full carbon steerer, tapered 1 1/8" - 1.5", carbon dropouts, 12x100mm thru axle.
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8150|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8150|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8170 STI|
|Chainset||Shimano Ultegra R8100, 52/36|
|Bottom Bracket||BB 386mm|
|Freewheel||Shimano Ultegra R8100 11-30, 12 speed cassette|
|Headset||FSA 1 1/8 - 1 1/2" integrated|
|Stem||OC2 RP10 Road Performance ICR, 6061 alloy, 8 degree, with IFC02 computer mount interface|
|Handlebars||OC3 RA10 Road Aero Carbon ICR, 80mm reach, 125mm drop, 5 degree flare|
|Front Brake||Shimano Ultegra R8170 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano Ultegra R8170 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Ultegra R8170 STI|
|Rims||Vision 40 SC Disc Carbon, tubeless ready|
|Front Hub||Vision 40 SC Disc Carbon wheelset|
|Rear Hub||Vision 40 SC Disc Carbon wheelset|
|Tyres||Vittoria Rubino IV G2.0 TLR 700x25c|
|Saddle||Prologo Dimension T4.0, size 143mm|
|Seatpost||Orbea Aero OMX, 0-25mm offset|
|Grips||Orbea Anti-Slip/Shock Proof Bar Tape|
|Miscellaneous||Aero bottle and cage, aero storage Toolbox|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.