TREK Checkpoint ALR 5 2023
|Options||Size: 49cm; Colour: Era White/Trek Black; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 52cm; Colour: Era White/Trek Black; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 54cm; Colour: Era White/Trek Black; In Stock
Size: 56cm; Colour: Era White/Trek Black; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 58cm; Colour: Era White/Trek Black; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 61cm; Colour: Era White/Trek Black; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 49cm; Colour: Satin Nautical Navy/Satin Red; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 52cm; Colour: Satin Nautical Navy/Satin Red; In Stock
Size: 54cm; Colour: Satin Nautical Navy/Satin Red; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 56cm; Colour: Satin Nautical Navy/Satin Red; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 58cm; Colour: Satin Nautical Navy/Satin Red; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 61cm; Colour: Satin Nautical Navy/Satin Red; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Checkpoint ALR 5 is the best value gravel bike in the line-up. It's a high-quality build that will hold up for long, rugged miles on roads, dirt and even the most treacherous gravel. A wealth of features like nimble-yet-stable progressive geometry, loads of mounts, plus a GRX drivetrain make it easy to customise for your kind of adventure.
- This bike is exceedingly versatile and suited to a wide variety of riding styles, including gravel rides, bikepacking and daily commutes.
- All-new progressive geometry is quick and nimble yet keeps you stable and in control on fast, choppy descents.
- Integrated frame bag mounts and rack and mudguard mounts make it easy to carry gear and water
- Massive tyre clearance means you can use tyres from 28c all the way up to 45c for extra traction and stability in any condition.
- Puncture resistant Bontrager GR1 Team Issue tyres are pre-installed tubeless from the outset.
- Super-advanced aluminium frame: Trek's premium-grade 300-series Alpha Aluminium is hydroformed into size-specific tubes that provide the perfect balance of stiffness and weight.
- Flat mount Shimano hydraulic disc brakes: more elegant, lighter and smaller than standard disc brakes, providing superior performance for road and gravel bikes.
It's right for you if...
Unlike the pure roadie who measures watts and weighs out meals, you favour epic off-road adventures that probably end with a beer and a bag of chips. But that doesn't mean you'll compromise on performance. You expect to get a lot for your hard-earned money, including quality, versatility, durability and a ridiculous amount of fun.
The tech you get
A stout aluminium frame with a progressive geometry that's stable at speed and efficient when you're grinding up a climb, hidden cables that won't interfere with bags, rack and mudguard mounts and integrated frame bag mounts, a 2x11 Shimano GRX drivetrain with lower gears for grinding up hills or through rough gravel, hydraulic disc brakes for all-condition stopping power, tubeless-ready rims and wide 700x40c gravel tyres for added stability and traction.
- High performance: Highly engineered 300 Series Alpha Aluminium frame - Trek's premium aluminium, formed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight. Revolutionary Invisible Weld Technology offers a better connection at each tube junction, increasing strength while using less material. The results are smooth and flawless seams, stronger bonds between the frame's tubes, sparkling aesthetics, and decreased frame weight.
- Tapered headtube: The fork tapers from a 1.5" lower bearing to a 1 1/8" upper bearing. The larger-diameter lower bearing keeps the fork stiffer under cornering loads and distributes forces more evenly, increasing the life of the bearings. Result: a more confident and durable ride.
- Flat Mount Brakes: more elegant, lighter, smaller and cleaner than traditional disc brakes.
- 3S integrated chain keeper is integrated directly into the bike frame. It's an elegant solution that provides flawless gear shifting even on rough roads and under heavy loads. No more standing on the side of the road, covered in grease, unwedging your dropped chain as competitors race by.
- Blendr Integration: Blendr seamlessly mounts Bontrager Trip computers, Bontrager Ion lights and Garmin computers directly to the handlebars, keeping everything zip tie-free and in its place.
- Mudguard and pannier rack compatible: Mudguard mounts allow for full-coverage mudguards so you can ride comfortably in less-than-ideal conditions. Rack mounts enable Checkpoint ALR to become your favourite commuter or touring bike.
|Frame||300 Series Alpha Aluminium, tapered head tube, Internal cable routing, 3S chain keeper, T47 BB, rack and mudguard mounts, integrated frame bag mounts, flat-mount disc, 142x12 mm thru-axle.
|Forks||Checkpoint carbon disc, alloy tapered steerer, flat mount disc brakes, rack mounts, mudguard mounts, 12x100mm thru axle.
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano GRX RX810, long cage (34T maximum cog)|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano GRX RX810, braze-on|
|Shifters||Shimano GRX RX600, 11 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano GRX RX600, 46/30|
|Bottom Bracket||Praxis, T47 threaded, internal bearing|
|Chain||Shimano HG601, 11 speed|
|Freewheel||Shimano 105 HG700, 11-34, 11 speed cassette|
|Headset||FSA integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, Blendr compatible (mounts available for Bontrager lights and Bontrager and Garmin computers), 31.8mm, 7 degree|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Elite Gravel alloy, 31.8mm|
|Front Brake||Shimano GRX hydraulic disc, flat mount, 160mm Shimano SM-RT70 rotor|
|Rear Brake||Shimano GRX hydraulic disc, flat mount, 160mm Shimano SM-RT70 rotor|
|Brake Levers||Shimano GRX RX600 STI|
|Rims||Bontrager Paradigm SL, Tubeless Ready, 24-hole, 21mm internal width|
|Front Hub||Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 100x12mm thru axle, CentreLock|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 142x12mm thru axle, CentreLock|
|Tyres||Bontrager GR1 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength casing, lightweight foldable aramid bead, 120 tpi, 700x40c; tubeless set-up pre-installed|
|Saddle||Bontrager P3 Verse Comp|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 27.2mm, 12mm offset, 330mm length|
|Grips||Bontrager Supertack Perf tape|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.