HOPE Tech Enduro Pro 4 29er Rear Wheel
|Options||Black Hub - In Stock|
Superb UK-made wheels built with Hope's Tech Enduro rim and the brand new Pro 4 hub. Hope's legendary hub is improved in three ways:
- The 44 tooth ratchet mechanism gives a 10% quicker engagement over the Pro 2 EVO
- With the move to larger wheel sizes Hope have increased the flange diameter, adding important stiffness to wheel builds, even with non Boost width hubs
- Shimano compatible freehubs are 11 speed ready
Built using black J bend Sapim Race/Sprint stainless steel double butted spokes and silver brass nipples for a light, stiff wheel. This rear wheel comes complete with 135mm QR and 142x12 conversions (135x10/135x12/135x10 bolt in conversions are available separately).
Hope Pro 4 hub:
- Unsurpassed reliability
- Larger spoke flange to enable stiffer wheel builds
- 4 Pawl Ratchet with 44 tooth engagement (8.2 degree)
- CNC machined from forged 2014 T6 aluminium billet in Barnoldswick, England, handbuilt in-house
- Sealed Stainless Steel cartridge bearings
- Standard 6 bolt disc mount
- Freehub suitable for 10/11 speed Shimano and SRAM (SRAM XD compatible wheel also available)
- Colours available: Black, Silver, Red, Blue, Purple and Orange
- Hole Drilling: 32
- Hub width: 135mm and 142x12 (150mm and Boost 148 also available)
- Weight: 311g (QR, 135mm), 300g (with 142x12 converter)
Hope Tech Enduro rim:
- Custom triple cavity construction offers excellent strength, yet keeps the weight low
- 23mm internal, 28mm external widths
- Welded and eyeleted 6056 T6 aluminium rim
- Tubeless compatible
- Rim only weight: 540g (29er)
Complete wheel weight: 1093g (29er)
Hope Tech Enduro wheel review, mbr magazine, September 2017:
"Hope Enduro Wheelset is laced in it's Lancashire Factory using Sapim Double-Butted Stainless Steel spokes, alongside brass nipples. At the heart of this wheelset is a pair of the latest Pro 4 hubs, which are machined and anodised in-house. You can also have any axle configuration imaginable; QR 100 and Thru-axle 110 on the front, and 135 QR, 142mm, 148 Boost and 150mm on the rear. You can easily switch between a Shimano or a SRAM XD Driver, in all 3 wheel sizes, 26", 27.5" and 29ers, all with the option of Straight-Pull or traditional J-Bend spokes. Like all the wheels on test, we ran the Enduro as tubeless and, while the rims are tubeless ready, they are only provided with Standard Velox rim-tape and this is not fitted...
The in-house rim is a triple-cavity construction, but at 28mm wide, it's the narrowest on test with only a 23mm internal width. A narrower rim changes the tyre profile and in this instance, also the geometry - when we swapped from a wider 35mm width, to the Hope (using the same tyres and pressures) there was a 4mm increase to the BB height. Hope do offer a wider 35mm rim, but only in the 27.5" model.
Pounding rock tracks, the Hope 29er Enduro wheelset feels precise and has rapid acceleration, but it does seem less secure, as the rim twists off roots and rocks. It's not as sure-footed and it's the heaviest by 130 grams in comparison to the other wheels tested, but it's incredible value and versatility comes in a ton of options."
Rating: 9 (out of 10), BEST VALUE!
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.