HUNT Aero Light Disc Wheelset
Pound for pound, possibly the fastest disc brake road wheelset available.
If you enjoy the late braking and controlled high-speed descending that your disc brake road bike allows you, you can now have incredible performance on the flat and up the climbs too. Super-light aero rims combined with bladed aero spokes and straight-pull hubs deliver your power with maximum efficiency.
- Heat-treated 6061-T6 alloy, 700c disc specific
- Asymmetric profile for a highly-durable wheel build
- Rounded 28mm deep profile
- Tubeless ready: H-lock bead-seat for easy and secure tubeless installation
- Micro-peened black finish strengthens the surface yet further
- Laser etched graphics for for excellent durability
- 17mm inner (22mm outer) width is ideal for 23-45mm tyres
- Equally good for tubeless set-ups and clincher tyres with inner tubes
- Forged and CNC'd 6061-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy hub bodies
- Sealed cartridge bearings by EZO Japan; rear hub upgraded to even faster rolling S&S LU/LB low-friction sealed internal face, dual sealed external face bearings
- 7075-T6 aluminium alloy axles
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy freehub; 3x treble-tooth individually leaf sprung pawls with 48 teeth on the ratchet ring for fast 7.5 degree engagement and instant acceleration
- Steel Spline Insert freehub body reinforcement provides excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage to the freehub often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies
- Polished anodised black finish with laser graphics
- Shimano/SRAM 8-11 speed compatible
- SRAM XD Driver and Campagnolo freehub bodies available separately
- Centre-lock disc mount, 6-bolt disc adaptors included
- Supplied with the most common thru axle hubs for road bikes: 12x100mm front, 12x142mm rear
- Other axle sizes available separately:
Front: QR, Bolt thru 9mm
Rear: QR, Bolt thru 12x135, 10x135
- Straight-pull cold drawn from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Aero Butted 2.0-2.0/0.95-2.0 (then 2.2 at the head for the patented Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement)
- 24 spokes laced 2 cross front and rear for strength
- Black stainless treatment
- Black brass nipples for anti-corrosion resistance
- Includes Hunt Blackshield tubeless tape and Hunt Wedgr black tubeless valves, spare spokes, spoke key, pair of 6 bolt disc adapters.
- Weight: 1488g
- Recommended upper rider weight limit: 100kg
- 3 year warranty
Hunt 4 Season Disc wheelset [version 1] review, Road Cycling UK, RCUK100 - The Hottest Road Cycling Products of 2016 (see here):
"The Aero Light Discs are, as you've probably guessed, pitched as an aerodynamic, lightweight wheelset for disc brake bikes. What isn't mentioned in the name is that they're tubeless ready, so you're looking at a set of wheels which are right in line with a number of trends.
In reality, youâ€™re talking about marginal gains - if any - in aerodynamic terms since although the alloy disc-specific rim has a rounded profile it's only 28mm deep. What you're really buying these wheels for is the weight as they're impressively light for disc brake wheels at only 1,469g for the set.
Whether you decide to take advantage of the Aero Light Disc's tubeless compatibility or not, all things considered these are very good value at £469. Wheels represent an obvious upgrade for many riders looking to improve on the budget set specced on many an off-the-shelf bike, but in reality few can stretch to the wheel porn served up by the likes of ENVE. These wheels show there's still a lot to offer if you have less than £500 in your pocket and, if it makes any difference, we think the understated black and white decals look great too."
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.