HUNT 4050 Carbon Aero Disc Wheelset
The benefits of mixed depth aero rims are brought to Hunt's disc-brake range in this, the 4050.
Going deeper on the back provides additional aerodynamic advantages, but the shallower front end improves stability.
Pro road races, criteriums, and even time trials, are being won by disc-brake bikes with increasing frequency. The revolution is happening, and to capitalise you will need an aero wheelset that delivers speed in buckets.
The super-wide 27mm rim provides superior aerodynamic performance. The U-profile serves up great handling and reduces drag across multiple wind yaw-angles. The extra-wide 21mm internal rim bed opens out your tyre profile providing exceptional vibration reduction, grip and low rolling-resistance.
The straight pull hubs and bladed spokes reduce weight, add strength and respond instantly to your accelerations. The freehub body on the HUNT Sprint hub features 48 teeth on the ratchet ring, and treble-tooth pawls, providing incredible 7.5 degree engagement. Perfect for when the hammer goes down and you need an instant response. Even the bearings are upgraded to LU/LB which are low-friction sealed on the internal face to further reduce rolling resistance and increase your speed whilst maintaining excellent sealing on the exposed faces. The latest breed of tubeless tyres give-up nothing in weight to their clincher counterparts, as well as removing the tube for weight saving and reducing rolling resistance, so tubeless was essential.
- Disc-specific, unidirectional T24/30 carbon with 3K weave re-enforced spoke holes
- 21mm internal and 27mm external width
- 40/50mm mixed depth U-shape aero profile
- Tubeless ready: H-lock bead-seat for easy and secure tubeless installation
- Matte black finish with matte white graphics
- Equally good for tubeless set-ups and clincher tyres with inner tubes
- Hunt Race Season Disc hubs
- Forged and CNC'd 6061-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy hub bodies
- Sealed cartridge replaceable units; rear hub upgraded to even faster rolling LU/LB low-friction sealed internal face, dual sealed external face bearings
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy axles
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy freehub; 3x treble-tooth individually leaf sprung pawls with 48 teeth on the ratchet ring for fast 7.5 degree engagement and instant acceleration
- Steel Spline Insert freehub body reinforcement provides excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage to the freehub often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies
- Polished anodised black finish with laser graphics
- Shimano/SRAM 8-11 speed compatible
- SRAM XD Driver and Campagnolo freehub bodies available separately
- Centre-lock disc mount, 6-bolt disc adaptors included
- 12mm thru axles (12x142mm rear)
- Other axle sizes available separately:
Front: QR, Bolt thru 9mm
Rear: QR, Bolt thru 12x135, 10x135
- Straight-pull cold drawn from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Aero butted 2.0-2.2/0.95-2.0 (then 2.2 at the head for the patented Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement)
- 20 front and 24 rear laced 2 cross
- Black stainless treatment
- Black anodised alloy nipples
- Includes Hunt Blackshield tubeless tape and Hunt Wedgr black tubeless valves, 8-10 speed cassette spacer, spare spokes and nipples, spoke key, pair of 6 bolt disc adapters.
- Weight: 1458g
- Recommended upper rider weight limit: 100kg
- 3 year warranty
Hunt 50 Carbon Aero Disc wheelset review, Cycling Weekly magazine:
"To sum up, these wheels match the performance of hoops almost twice the price - highly recommended."
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.