HUNT Mason x Hunt 4 Season Disc Wheelset
The 4 Season Disc is the original and award-winning, year-round disc brake road wheelset. It's lightweight and adaptable. Now with wider 19mm internal rim width for even better wider tyre support and 3M night-safe reflectivity.
- HFR+ (High Fatigue Resistance) heat-treated alloy, 700c disc specific
- Asymmetric profile for a highly-durable wheel build
- 27mm deep profile
- Tubeless ready: H-lock bead-seat for easy and secure tubeless installation
- Matte black anodised finish with matte white heated decals for excellent durability and featuring black night-safe 3M reflective decal - perfect for visibility during low-light/night riding
- Wide 19mm (24mm external) rim creates a wide tyre profile which is great with 23 tyres, ideal for 25, 28 and cross tyres up to 45mm
- Equally good for tubeless set-ups and clincher tyres with inner tubes
- Hunt 4 Season Disc hubs
- Forged and CNC'd 6061-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy hub bodies
- Large double-sealed main bearings by EZO Japan; sealed cartridge replaceable units with dual full-contact seals
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy axles
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy freehub; 4 pawl, 28 tooth engagement
- Steel Spline Insert freehub body reinforcement provides excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage to the freehub often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies
- Polished anodised black finish with laser graphics
- Shimano/SRAM 8-11 speed compatible
- SRAM XD Driver and Campagnolo freehub bodies available separately
- Centre-lock disc mount, 6-bolt disc adaptors included
- Supplied with the most common thru axle hubs for road bikes: 12x100mm front, 12x142mm rear
- Other axle sizes available separately:
Front: QR, Bolt thru 9mm
Rear: QR, Bolt thru 12x135, 10x135
- J-bend cold drawn from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Triple butted 2.0-1.6-2.0 (then 2.2 at the head for the patented Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement)
- 24 spokes laced 2 cross front and rear for strength
- Black stainless treatment
- Black brass nipples for anti-corrosion resistance
- Includes Hunt Blackshield tubeless tape and Hunt Wedgr black tubeless valves, spare spokes, spoke key, pair of 6 bolt disc adapters.
- Weight: 1588g
- Recommended upper rider weight limit: 100kg
- 3 year warranty
Hunt 4 Season Disc wheelset review, Cycling Weekly magazine, July 2018 (see here):
"Out riding, the Hunt 4Seasons Discs have coped just fine with all the abuse we've thrown at them, including mud, roots and rock bashes, after a wash looking none the worse for the experience and staying tight and true.
The wheels' weight is low enough that they feel fast and responsive.... At just over £300, they're a bargain upgrade.
- Very robust, tight build
- Now a little wider
- Compatible with multiple hub standards and tubeless ready
- Good value
Hunt Mason X Hunt 4 Season Disc wheelset review, road.cc, September 2019 (see here for full review):
"All in all, for £329, I just can't fault version two of the 4 Season Discs - on price, weight, setup, performance, axle compatibility or included accessories. Hunt has evolved what was already a highly regarded budget-friendly upgrade wheelset into a product that, for the weight and price, is seriously competitive - then when you factor in the future-proof hub system, they stand alone for life-long value. Assuming no mishaps, and with all parts readily available, these will be the last wheels you'll need to buy for general road and gravel/byway riding for quite some time."
Pros: Future-proof axle system, rim width, rotor adapters included, parts availability, subtle branding
Cons: None I can think of
An excellent choice to upgrade OEM wheels, or to swap between bikes with different axle/drivetrain setups now or in future
Hunt 4 Season Disc wheelset review, Cycling Plus magazine, May 2020:
"These 1588g aluminium wheels have tubeless-ready 26mm deep, 24mm-wide rims with a 19mm internal width that is well-suited to road tyres from 25c up to 45c gravel tyres. The four-pawl freehub might not engage quite as smoothly as DT's 240s but it is quick with a 10-degree engagement and is hardwearing too, thanks to a tough ceramic coating. Like all Hunt wheels you get plenty of extras included in the price."
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.