BONTRAGER Aeolus XXX 4 TLR Disc Clincher Front Wheel
|Options||Front In Stock|
Confidently run a deeper, faster wheel with Aeolus XXX 4. Industry-leading crosswind stability combines with best-in-class aerodynamics to give this 47mm carbon road wheel an incredible speed advantage, all while being the lightest in its class.
The wide profile delivers more tyre support for that classic Aeolus ride quality. Ride faster knowing you can stop faster too. Disc brakes bring the ultimate braking in performance to Aeolus XXX. Also featuring a hassle-free tubeless set-up to virtually eliminate flats.
- Ultra-light American-made OCLV XXX carbon: from a flat sheet of carbon to an advanced aero wheel, all in Trekâ€™s Global headquarters in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA - OCLV XXX carbon combines premium materials and high-temperature resins with industry-leading manufacturing
- Superior aerodynamics: unlike many of its competitors, Aeolus XXX is optimised for aerodynamic performance in wind conditions of all types. Bontrager designed and tested over 10000 shapes to ultimately land on three depths that lead the industry for speed, stability and weight
- Speed Stability Shaping reduces side force, allowing for a deeper depth and faster profile
- 47mm rim depth provides unmatched stability and confidence for an all-conditions aero wheel
- Wider 21mm internal rim for enhanced tyre support and all-new shapes optimised for each depth and intended use results in classic Aeolus ride quality with best-in-class aerodynamics and stability at all three rim depths
- DT Swiss internals for a buttery smooth ride feel
- CenterLock disc brake hubs with front and rear 12mm thru-axles
- 14/17/14 butted aero spokes, 24 per wheel
- Laser-etched graphics provide a fast, finished look with no added weight
- Tubeless Ready (TLR)
- Includes a TLR rim strip and valve stem along with a traditional tube-type rim strip
- Weight: 675g
- No rider weight restrictions
For the rear wheel see here here.
Bontrager Aeolus XXX 4 wheels review, Peloton Magazine, March 2019:
"At 47mm, the Aeolus XXX4 wheels are the workhorse of the new XXX family that has replaced the already uber-quick Aeolus D3. So, how do you make super-quick wheels more useful? First, make them stop better, then make them handle crosswinds more confidently, then make them lighter to expand the variety of courses they can tackle. The wheels come in a disc-brake version, which obviously stops incredibly well; but the new Laser Control Track, a laser-etched surface on the brake track of the rim-brake version, steals the show - especially in the wet. Best. Rim. Braking. Ever.
And in crosswinds, these 47mm-deep wheels handle the strongest gusts with ease across real world conditions. At only 1,400 grams, the XXX4 rim-brake wheel provides a serious aero advantage without weighing down your ride. For good measure, the rim is 21mm wide internally for today's wider tire movement - and it's tubeless, a category Bontrager has helped pioneer. "
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.