HUNT Race Aero Wheelset
Super-light road rim brake wheelset.
Hit the long climbs fast, push out of the saddle, attack the corners and lead the club-run pack on the flat. If these are your aims then the incredibly light Race Aero is designed specifically to maximise your riding performance. The upgraded straight pull hubs and spokes reduce weight, add strength and respond instantly to your accelerations.
- 6061-T6 super-light heat-treated aluminium alloy
- 27mm deep profile
- Tubeless ready: H-lock bead-seat for easy and secure tubeless installation
- Matte black anodised finish with matte white heated decals for excellent durability
- 18mm (23mm external) width rim ideal for 25-34mm tyre widths
- Equally good for tubeless set-ups and clincher tyres with inner tubes.
- Forged and CNC'd 6061-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy hub bodies
- Sealed cartridge bearings by EZO Japan. Rear hub upgraded to even faster rolling S&S LU/LB low-friction sealed internal face, dual sealed external face bearings.
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy axles
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy freehub; 4 pawl, 28 tooth engagement
- Steel Spline Insert freehub body reinforcement provides excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage to the freehub often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies
- Polished anodised black finish with laser graphics
- Straight-pull cold drawn from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Aero triple butted, with patented Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement, butted again just before the spoke head providing more durability in high stress area
- Front: 20 spokes laced radially
- Rear: 24 spokes laced 2 cross drive-side and radially non-drive side
- Black stainless treatment
- Black anodised alloy nipples
- Includes quick-releases, Hunt Blackshield tubeless tape, 8-10 speed cassette spacer, spare spokes and nipples
- Weight: 1479g
- Recommended upper rider weight limit: 100kg
- 3 year warranty
Hunt Race Aero wheelset review, Cycling Plus magazine:
"Pick up is fast through the steel-reinforced freehub and they spin up to speed quickly and effortlessly."
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.