SHIMANO M200 SPD Shoes*Clearance Product
|Options||44 Black In Stock|
Combining the low weight and pedalling efficiency of an XC race shoe with the durability, grip and control of an aggressive trail shoe all in one package the M200 is the ultimate Enduro shoe.
It is one of Shimano's Enduro/Trail Series shoes that combine a perfect blend of pedalling efficiency and protection that allow riders to attack the trail uphill and revel in faster, confident descents.
- Unique TORBAL carbon reinforced midsole gives excellent pedalling efficiency and stiffness in the front foot. This is combined with comfort and control as torsional flex in the rear foot allows natural rider "flow" motion during downhill riding. If the sole of a cycling shoe is totally rigid, the shoe won't accommodate heel flex when the bike is slanted in relation to the rider. The TORBAL solution is to provide some sideways flex in the back section of the sole, while maintaining stiffness in the front. This improves balance and bike control by letting the heel section accommodate some lateral movement, while optimising pedalling efficiency at the sole-and-cleat interface.
- Reinforced low profile armour provides great protection and excellent durability
- Asymmetrically raised padded collar design for additional ankle protection
- Covered speed lacing system adapts to a wide range of foot shapes and socks with a secure and comfortable fit
- Super low profile micro-adjust buckle for additional security in all weather conditions
- Variable density rubber sole to suit demanding conditions: high traction rubber lugs on the outer edges combine with durable rubber on the heel and a firmer contact block for greater stability and pedalling efficiency
- Dual density extra-cushioned insole stabilises the foot throughout the pedal rotation for increased efficiency and comfort
- Expanded shoe cleat adjustment range to help riders optimise their set up for extreme terrain. Following Shimano's Rider-Tuned concept, the soles on the latest Trail/Enduro shoes provide an expanded cleat-adjustment range to support a wider variety of riding styles. Now you can find the perfect cleat position for your shoe-to-pedal interface.
- Weight: 762g (size 40, pair)
Shimano M200 shoes review, MBUK Magazine, August 2015 (see here):
"Shimano's new enduro shoes are designed to bridge the gap between performance cross-country and tough trail footwear. While some products are 'enduro' in name only, it's clear that plenty of work has gone into these.
The M200s use the Japanese giant's clever new Torbal technology - also employed elsewhere in Shimano's 2016 footwear range - which allows the rear of the sole torsional flex as you move around on your bike. This is designed to aid flow and control, something that's especially noticeable when cornering hard and getting a bit wild. The front of the sole remains stiff for flat-out cranking efficiency, with just enough flex at the tip for comfortable walking.
The long cleat slot allows a more aggro, flat pedal-inspired riding position. Soft rubber lugs add amazing grip off the bike and the outsole wraps up the sides of the shoe to add extra protection at the toe and heel. While the synthetic upper hugs the heel at the rear, it widens out into a boxy toe area up front.
A raised, well padded cuff adds extra protection and comfort, while small pads inside eliminate heel lift and a dual-density foam insole helps cushion impacts. Mesh sections over the toes and 'gills' on the sides allow your feet to breathe. A speed lacing system and micro-adjust buckle cinch you in nicely, while a Velcro flap adds extra security and protection from the elements."
BikeRadar verdict: "Taking the toughest terrain and longest rides in their stride, these are definitely a worthwhile investment."
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.