TIFOSI OPTICS Radius FC Interchangeable Lens Sports Glasses
|Options||Gloss Black, Smoke/AC Red/Clear Lenses In Stock|
The Radius FC is constructed from Grilamid TR-90, an incredibly light and durable nylon material that is resistant to chemical and UV damage. The lenses offer unparalleled clarity and maximum vision acuity, and are interchangeable to suit the level of light when you are out and about.
- Polycarbonate lens: scratch resistant and shatterproof
- Decentred lens: optically decentred lenses eliminate distortion and prevent magnification
- Vented lenses increase airflow and decrease fogging
- Hydrophilic rubber temples and nose piece increase their grip the more you sweat so there is no slipping
- Fully adjustable ear pads on the arms allow a customised fit, increasing comfort and performance
- Fits small to large faces
- Weight: 24g
- Hard shell zipped case and microfibre cleaning pouch included
- Lifetime warranty
- DirectFit RX lens compatible: the Radius FC has a frame suitable for prescription lenses to be fitted by your optician
- The lenses can be swapped to suit the prevailing light conditions:
* Smoke lens: 15.4% light transmission, 100% UVA and UVB protection, and Glare Guard, Tifosi's proprietary lens coating that helps reduce eye strain.
* Clear lens: 95.6% light transmission, 100% UVA and UVB protection.
* AC (All Conditions) Red lens: 41.4% light transmission, 100% UVA and UVB protection.
Tifosi Radius FC review, road.cc, June 2015 (see here):
"With looks that don't shout 'cyclist', the Radius FC sunglasses from Tifosi make for great all-rounders, but that doesn't mean a sacrifice on the bike. With their crystal clear optics and a comfortable fit, you can wear them for hours.
Based around a Grilamid TR-90 nylon frame, the FCs weigh a mere 24g with the lenses in place, and thanks to the qualities of the material they are hugely flexible and hard wearing. Ideal if you tend to forget they're in your pocket when you sit down...
This flexibility also means they fit plenty of head sizes without applying heaps of pressure. In fact comfort is one of the biggest selling points of the Radius. The flexible rubber nose and arm grippers are hydrophilic, which means they grip more the wetter they get â€" so they won't slip down your nose when the going gets sweaty.
The lenses themselves are made from polycarbonate, which is tough and used in the majority of eyewear thanks to its ability to shrug off scratches and not shatter should it break, firing hundreds of shards into your eyeballs.
In the zipped case you get a choice of three lenses for varying light conditions. The Clarion Blue are for sunny days, allowing 14.7% of light transmission, the AC Red 41.4% for increasing contrast on dull days, and the Clear, which allow nearly all the light through. All offer 100% UV protection.
All three lenses offer a large viewing range thanks to the lack of frame, with no distortion. Small vents on the outer edge of each lens stop them from fogging up and allow some cool air through. It's directed away from the eye, so pollen and the like shouldn't affect you.
Swapping the lenses is a 30-second job: pull the lens away from the nose section to allow the deeper profiled arm end to drop out. Refitting is the opposite.
These are really good glasses that perform well in terms of optics and, just as importantly, comfort. The arms provide plenty of grip without any pressure points, plus their narrow profile means they fit with every helmet I've tried.
Some may baulk at the £69.99 price but I think they represent decent value for money. The fit, weight and optics make them ideal for a multitude of sports too, not just cycling."
Well designed glasses with crystal clear optics and a comfortable fit
4 stars (out of 5)
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.