NORTHWAVE Starlight SRS Women's Road Shoes*Clearance Product
|Options||40 Black/Violet In Stock|
The Starlight SRS is a women's specific road shoe that uses the latest technology to increase comfort and performance. At its heart is the Multilayer Thermowelded construction, which makes for a lighter, better ventilated and more snugly fitting shoe. Also new is the redesigned NRG Air Carbon Reinforced sole which is lighter and provides greater stiffness and ventilation.
- New ultralight PU Multilayer Thermowelded upper:
Northwave's advanced thermowelded unibody upper technology has filtered down through the range. The two main advantages are that the material is thinner and therefore lighter, and that stitching is almost entirely eliminated. The upper gives a more anatomical fitting that envelops the foot for greater comfort, and it allows larger air vents for improved comfort through better ventilation.
- NRG Air Carbon Reinforced sole: totally renewed, NRG Air is improved in every aspect. Increased stiffness. Reduced weight. 5 vents for optimal airflow. And now compatible with SPD pedals (SPD cleat stabilising adapter recommended).
- NW Biomechanical Mapping: from a biomechanical point of view, the foot function is essential as it stores the force generated by muscles which is then transmitted to the pedal in the boost phase. Each element of BioMap shoes by Northwave has been designed to keep the foot in the correct position while pedalling, transmitting the force directly on the pedals without loss of energy. The soles have been reduced in thickness but the overall stiffness has been increased so the mechanical energy transfer action from the shoe to the pedal can be concentrated in a small area. The upper has had its stitching minimised and is designed to anatomically follow the shape of the foot, preventing slipping and providing an effective support. The vents have also been strategically placed along the upper and the sole to work as an integrated system designed to provide a constant air flow.
- Asymmetrical Straps: the central strap is positioned more centrally over the top of the foot, following the anatomy of the foot and reducing the pressure on the more sensitive side area.
- S.R.S. (Slim Ratchet System) buckle: Northwaveâ€™s new lower profile micrometric buckle gives maximum closing precision, yet minimised size and weight. The mechanism follows the anatomic shape of the foot, to ensure the most comfortable fit, and is designed to allow for easy adjustment, both tightening and easing, even while riding. Forged in aluminium, it's light, strong and hard wearing.
- Integrated Heel System: the new unibody construction of the uppers allows integration of an efficient heel retention system inside the structure, without the need of external elements. It helps to stabilise the heel, increasing the foot's lateral grip. Same efficiency, reduced weight.
- Performance Advanced footbed with ergonomic design and arch support ensures optimum comfort and guarantees an excellent position when pedalling
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.