BONTRAGER Velocis Road Helmet
|Options||L (58-63cm) White/Viper Red/Bright Silver - In Stock|
You'll forget your wearing it. The competition won't.
The Velocis is Bontrager's lightest, most advanced helmet ever, with state-of-the-art technology across the whole package: composite inner skeleton, Headmaster II fit system, FormFit brow band and the cleverly designed NeoVisor.
It's designed for riders who demand the best gear for racing without sacrificing style, comfort or fit.
Protection, performance, panache:
Bontrager helmets looks great, fit great and are hassle free to set up. No matter what kind of rider you are, you shouldn't have to sacrifice comfort and style in order to be safe.
- Lightweight, extremely well ventilated, composite-reinforced helmet designed for racers and performance-seeking enthusiasts alike
- In-mold composite skeleton increases structural integrity and allows a greater variation of vent shape and size
- Internal, recessed channels manage airflow through the helmet and over the head for excellent ventilation
- FormFit: flexible head-conforming brow band has a tailored feel that also improves ventilation
- Neo Visor: integrated and easily interchangeable visor inspired by cycling cap culture
- Patented Headmaster II Fit System provides intuitive, easy-to-use, one-hand, precision adjustments in height and circumference
- LockDown strap dividers adjust quickly and easily: flip open to adjust, flip closed to secure for perfect strap placement
- AgION fit pads: Moisture wicking antimicrobial pads eliminate odours completely and naturally
- Premium straps are thinner, less obtrusive, more flexible, softer, and more comfortable next to the face
- Weight: 229/239/269g (S/M/L)
- Unconditional Bontrager Guarantee: if you're not satisfied, return the item within 30 days with a receipt for exchange or shop credit
- Crash Replacement Guarantee: free replacement if your helmet is involved in a crash during the first year of ownership
RoadCyclingUK review, June 2014 (see [url=http://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/bontrager-velocis-helmet-review.html#m3TQ65xs4uefycMk.97]here[/url] for full review):
"The Bontrager Velocis helmet is an excellent top-end lid: light, well-vented and with a comfortable but secure fit. Look carefully and youâll see the Velocis is the helmet worn by Fabian Cancellara and his Trek Factory Racing team-mates.
It's easy to adjust on-the-fly and the helmet feels light on the head while remaining completely secure. âYouâll forget youâre wearing it,â is Bontragerâs strapline for the Velocis; thatâs a fair shout and just what youâre after in a helmet. As ever, heads come in all shapes and sizes so if you can try before you buy then you can see for yourself, but weâve been impressed by the comfort and fit.
Comfort ??" in the heat of summer, at least ??" also comes down to ventilation and the Velocis has no shortage of vents to suck in air. The fact it has so many vents (22 by our count) partly comes down to the composite internal skeleton, which Bontrager say increases the helmetâs structural integrity (it goes without saying that the Velocis meets the EN 1078 European safety standard), while allowing the use of larger air vents without compromising strength, and without adding weight. The internal padding also sits away from the main body of the helmet to expose recessed channels to funnel air through the helmet. We havenât had the chance to fully test the Velocis in hot conditions (British summer? What British summer?) but itâs faired well in few warm days weâve had so far. Thatâs likely to continue as the temperature rises.
What else? The Velocis has a brow band which ensures the helmet sits comfortably at the front of the head and the internal padding is removable, so it can be washed, and antimicrobial, which should help it stay odour-free before it goes in the washing machine. Bontrager also offer a crash replacement guarantee, which gives you a free replacement if your helmet is damaged in a crash within a year of purchase. The helmet is also available in five colours.
The Bontrager Velocis ticks the boxes as a top-of-the-range lid. Weâd place more importance on fit, weight, comfort and ventilation than the NeoVisor but it is another string to the bow of an already impressive helmet."
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.