MAXXIS Minion DHF WT 3C Maxx Terra EXO 60 tpi TR Tyre
|Options||29 x 2.5" In Stock|
The Minion DHF is the standard by which all other aggressive mountain tyres are measured. With a tread design that deftly balances rolling speed with braking and cornering traction, the Minion DHF is one of the most imitated tyres in mountain biking. Whether riding local trails, a backcountry epic, racing enduro or World Cup downhill, there's a Minion DHF to meet your needs.
The DHF provides grip and control in loose and muddy all-mountain and downhill conditions, while incorporating ramped knobs for low rolling resistance and channel-cut knobs to increase gripping edges, giving straight-line control and precise cornering.
- Intended use: loose over hard, loose, medium, wet
- Wide Trail (WT) casing optimised for 30-35mm wide rims
- Directional, ramped knob design
- Large cornering blocks
- 3C MaxxTerra: an intermediate compound which is softer and offers more traction than 3C MaxxSpeed, yet provides better tread wear and less rolling resistance than MaxxGrip
- Lightweight 60 tpi single ply casing
- EXO Protection: an extremely cut-resistant and abrasion-resistant material is added to the sidewalls. This densely woven fabric is also lightweight and highly flexible, ensuring that the performance of the tyre remains unaffected. EXO Protection is great for rocky, treacherous trails where the chance of sidewall cuts and abrasions is high.
- Tubeless Ready: Tubeless tyres provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tyre; and less chance of flatting since there is no tube.
Tubeless set-ups are a great way to shave some weight and spend more time in the bike park or shuttling hot laps on your local runs.
- Foldable bead: keeps the tyre secured to the rim but are lighter in weight and easily transported. The bead is made of spun aramid or Kevlar fibres.
- Maximum pressure: 50 PSI
- Weight: 1015g (29)
- Cornering Control rating: 3/4
- Rolling Efficiency rating: 4/4
- Manufacturer part number: TB96800300
Maxxis Minion DHF review, Mountain Biking UK magazine, front tyre grouptest, January 2021:
"The Minion DHF is beautifully easy to predict and control on the edge of grip, which makes forcing slides fun and intuitive. Although this Wide Trail version measures up narrower than Maxxis claim, the side knobs angle slightly outwards, increasing cornering capability and making it possible to lean the bike over a long way before they break traction. The DHF also offers great grip on hardpack, especially rocky dirt or dry ground."
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.