MAXXIS Shorty DH WT 3C Maxx Grip 60 tpi TR Tyre
|Options||27.5 x 2.5" PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
29 x 2.5" In Stock
Maxxis pro athletes needed a mid-spike tyre that could handle dry, loose, blown-out corners as well as a bit of mud. The Shorty is that tyre. A high-volume casing makes the Shorty a more versatile option than a dedicated mud spike like the Wet Scream. Large, tall and slightly staggered side knobs penetrate loose soil to provide predictable, stable cornering at warp speeds. The Shorty is available in trail, enduro, and downhill specs.
The DH version of the Maxxis Shorty was an instant favourite of World Cup DH racers. The Shorty features Tubeless Ready casing and 3C MaxxGrip compound.
- Intended use: loose, mud, wet
- Wide Trail (WT) casing optimised for 30-35mm wide rims
- Dual ply downhill casing with butyl sidewall inserts for stability and durability
- Maxxis' legendary 3C MaxxGrip rubber compound: a new name for the downhill 3C compound configuration that you have come to know and trust, 3C MaxxGrip offers the ultimate in grip and slow rebound properties for unparalleled traction in downhill applications
- Tubeless Ready: Tubeless tyres provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tyre; and less chance of flatting since there is no tube. Tubeless set-ups are a great way to shave some weight and spend more time in the bike park or shuttling hot laps on your local runs.
- Foldable bead: keeps the tyre secured to the rim but are lighter in weight and easily transported. The bead is made of spun aramid or Kevlar fibres.
- 60 tpi construction
- Maximum pressure: 50 PSI
- Weight: 1255/1335g (27.5/29)
- Cornering Control rating: 4/4
- Rolling Efficiency rating: 1/4
- Manufacturer part number: TB85979200 / TB00020900
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.