SARIS H3 Direct Drive Smart Trainer
The most affordable high-end trainer available. Reliable. Durable. Quieter Than Ever Before.
H3 is the new reliable, quiet and smooth interactive direct drive trainer that simulates gradients up to 20% and power up to 2000 watts.
When it comes to indoor bike trainers, the most frequently asked question is: how quiet is it? Taking this to heart, our Madison, Wisconsin-based team put this query under the microscope and set a goal to build a trainer so quiet, that the only sound is that of your drive train.
The result? A direct drive smart trainer that offers a sound specification of 59 decibels at 20 mph. In other words, the H3 is five times quieter than previous generations, making it the quietest smart trainer to ever leave our doors.
Following the Saris direct drive smart trainer legacy, the H3 features the same reliability and durability as its predecessors. Each H3 is made from cast and machined aluminium sourced from America's heartland. Encased inside are components meticulously calibrated to measure power, speed and cadence, as well as a precision-balanced flywheel - all built to handle 2000 watts and replicate a 20% climbing grade.
Tested to withstand heavy training, the H3's internal cooling system will keep the electromagnetic resistance system working - and accurate - long after your legs have given out.
- Quieter Than Ever: all new drive system shaves decibels off previous generations
- Maximum power output: 2000 watts at 20 mph
- Simulates a 20% climbing grade
- 20 lb precision balanced flywheel creates the smoothest ride fell of any trainer on the market
- Fast response electromagnetic resistance
- Precise Training: +/- 2% power accuracy
- Controlled and Consistent: electromagnetic resistance provides a measured workout every time
- Direct Drive Design: widest bike compatibility and eliminates wheel slips and tyre wear
- No External Sensors Required: measures speed, cadence and power
- Seamless Integration: connects to indoor cycling apps with dual ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth FTMS standards
- Zwift certified
- Includes one month subscription to Rouvy virtual training app
- Over the air (OTA) firmware updates and calibration via the Saris app
- Headless mode (powered on, not paired to any apps) lets you ride with a progressive resistance curve that matches the Saris Fluid2 trainer
- Internal cooling technology ensures accurate ride data even during the hardest of workouts
- Built-in front wheel block
- Compatible with Shimano 8-11 speed cassettes (XD/XDR freehubs available separately)
- Thru-axle compatible for rear hub widths of 142mm or 148mm
- Quick-release compatible for rear hub widths of 130mm and 135mm
- LED indicator lights communicate connectivity and more
- Folding legs provide widest footprint of direct drive indoor bicycle trainers on the market for added stability and easy storage
- Accessible and balanced handle allows for smooth, anyone-can-carry transit of the trainer
- Dimensions: 78.74x46.99x49.53cm (LxHxW)
- Dimensions when closed: 7.62x46.99x49.53cm
- Weight: 21.3kg (47 lb)
- Maximum weight (rider and bike): 300 lbs
- Cassette not included
- Made in Wisconsin, USA
- Lifetime warranty
Bicycling magazine Editors' Choice Award 2019
What is Zwift? A quick review:
Saris H3 review, Cycling Plus magazine, January 2020:
"The new Saris H3 builds upon its predecessor with noise levels being a priority. This has been tackled with a new belt setup and it features a new drive mechanism and cooling system.
There's minimal set up out of the box. Saris includes a wheel block that stores under the fold-out legs with adjustable feet.
The H3 is stable in use and the ride feel is up there with the best thanks to the hefty 9kg flywheel. We like the way the H3 pedals and the changes in resistance and power are smooth and reliable. It can handle up to 2000 watts and replicate a 20 per cent gradient. Saris has also sorted the power spikes of the H2 via its firmware. As for power accuracy, this was all within two per cent.
Add to this low noise levels you have the makings of a great smart trainer. Being at least £150 cheaper than its competitors, this is going to be popular."
Similar in functions to the more expensive trainers but competitive in price
Group test verdict:
When balancing functions, ease of use and noise levels with cost, Saris's H3 takes the overall prize
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.