TACX Flux S Smart Trainer
The new FLUX S Smart brings all the benefits of a direct drive interactive trainer to a more affordable level.
It ticks all the boxes for everything you need from a Smart direct drive trainer - it's reliable, accurate, silent, strong, stable and offers a good ride feel. This bike trainer is the ideal indoor training companion for the many hours sweating and cycling with your favourite apps.
FLUX S Smart pairs seamlessly with most popular training apps and software to create the ultimate indoor training environment. Easily connect to cycling apps like Zwift, TrainerRoad, Tacx and The Sufferfest. These apps make training more fun and involving by controlling the resistance of the trainer according to the simulated route taken. You can race online in the virtual worlds of Zwift, achieve your cycling goals with the training plans of TrainerRoad and much more.
You can connect the FLUX S Smart to compatible cycle computers and sports watches to display your workout data. Some devices are also able to control the resistance of the trainer.
FLUX S Smart measures your power accurately - to within 3% - so you can reliably keep track of your performance and progress.
A smooth ride feel and swift responsiveness to your efforts are key to replicate the experience of your outdoor rides. The large 7kg flywheel of the FLUX S Smart gives this same sensation of riding on the road.
Further realism comes from the ability of the FLUX S Smart to simulate inclines of up to 10% gradient and from the maximum sprint resistance of 1500 watts.
The FLUX S Smart has been developed to bring vibrations and noise levels to the minimum, resulting in a very quiet flywheel equipped trainer. FLUX S Smart is significantly quieter than the original FLUX.
Stable and Durable
Designed to withstand the most intense training sessions, the large footprint and quality materials mean the FLUX S Smart is stable during use and is built to last.
The smart electronics allow you to train without connecting to any software. Following a progressive power curve, FLUX S Smart behaves like a fluid trainer, increasing resistance as you try harder, replicating riding on a flat road.
FLUX S Smart is now compatible with longer cage derailleurs and cassettes with larger sprockets, making it suitable for mountain and hybrid bikes as well as all road bikes (adapters available separately).
- Type of trainer: Interactive Smart direct drive with electric brake
- Magnets: 8 Permanent ferrite magnets and 8 electromagnets
- Electrical requirements: 110-240 Volt
- Connection indicator: LED lights provide a visual confirmation when the trainer is powered and connected to a device over ANT+ or Bluetooth
- Firmware upgradeable: Yes (through the free Tacx Utility app available in the Apple App store and on Google Play)
- Suitable cassettes: Shimano and SRAM 8-11 speed (Campagnolo body available separately)
- Suitable axles: road, tri, hybrid and MTB (130 and 135mm; adapters for other widths available separately)
- Suitable for short and long cage rear derailleurs
- Supplied with quick release and 1 month subscription to Tacx Premium software (cassette not included)
- Maximum power (40 km/h): 1500 Watt
- Maximum incline: 10%
- Simulation of descent: No
- Maximum torque: 22.1 Nm
- Maximum brake force: 65 N
- Flywheel: Actual, 7kg
- Mass inertia: 22.8kg
- Calibration: Spin down
- Footprint (LxW): 670 x 642mm (26.4 x 25.3")
- Height: 460mm (18.1")
- Dimensions when folded: Not foldable
- Weight: 22.8kg (50.3lbs)
- Article number: T2900S
Data output and control
- Wireless communication: ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth Smart open
- Control by: smartphone, tablet, ANT+ FE-C bike computers, stand alone, connect to computer via ANT+antenna
- Output: speed, cadence, power
- Read out on: smartphone, tablet, bike computer, sports watch, computer with ANT+ antenna
- Accuracy: within 3.0%
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.