BONTRAGER XR5 Team Issue Tubeless Ready Tyre
|Options||27.5 x 2.3" - In Stock
29 x 2.3" - In Stock
The Tubeless Ready XR5 Team Issue tyre offers strength, traction and fast-rolling efficiency in a lightweight trail-ready package. The XR5 delivers the supple feel of an 120 TPI XC tyre and the aggressive traction of an Enduro tyre for superior performance in demanding conditions. Choose the XR5 to stay light on the climbs with confident grip on even the most harrowing descents.
- 120 TPI trail tyre with a supple, fast rolling feel and aggressive traction that is capable on any trail
- Excels in loose, rocky and wet conditions
- Aggressive tread for confident cornering and braking traction on wet, slick, demanding trails
- Tubeless Ready (TLR): ready for easy tubeless set-up and puncture protection
- Foldable, lightweight aramid bead
- Inner Strength Casing: lightweight sidewall protection is supple and strong
- Lightweight, high quality 120TPI casing is supple and strong for better grip and handling characteristics
- Unconditional Bontrager Guarantee
- Suits front and rear
- Weight: 850g (27.5"), 890g (29")
Bontrager XR5 tyre review, Mountain Biking UK magazine, May 2018:
"Bontrager's XR5 is based on one of our favourite mixed-conditions tyres, the SE5 but uses a lighter, more supple casing. In the 29x2.3in size (there's a 27.5x2.3in version too) it weighs 847g, versus 995g for the SE5. It uses the same dual-compound (soft shoulders, harder centre) rubber but it's 120tpi casing is appreciably suppler, so feedback through the bar is minimal over small roots and chatter. It rolls faster too. The soft compound and we;;-spaced tread offer impressive grip in slippery conditions, especially loose soil and light mud. It's prone to squirm at low pressures, though, and comes up a little narrow (2.2in on a 25mm rim) so won't hold a line in the rough like some fatter tyres. We've not punctured one yet, but it wouldn't be our choice for rocky trails. In soft, rooty conditions, it's a top tyre."
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.