MUCKY NUTZ MugGuard Short
|Options||Short In Stock|
Mucky Nutz have taken time to develop a fully functional and sharp looking piece of kit, that will compliment your ride and keep you shredding, whatever the conditions!
Available in two sizes, the MugGuard has been engineered for maximum strength and durability, with minimum weight.
- Short MugGuard is 400mm long and weighs just 75g.
- Long MugGuard is 600mm long and weighs just 105g. This makes it the longest of its type currently available on the market, offering maximum muck protection. Ideal for when it's really wet out!
Both sizes are compatible with 26", 27.5" and 29" wheel diameters, and will fit most standard and Boost fork/tyre combinations of up to 3" width.
The MugGuard profile has been developed to prevent clogging when shredding the sticky stuff; with subtle features:
- Forward lip to minimise spray. Sharp trailing edge to cut cloggy soil away from the tyre
- Recessed bridge area to increase tyre clearance
- Six fastenings anchor the guard firmly to the fork, so there is no rattling and minimal movement, even in the rockiest conditions
- Multiple fastening slots for increased functionality, with the potential to use the MugGuard at the rear of the bike to protect the shock, depending on frame architecture
- Wide upper arm profile to protect your seals and stanchions from mud and grit
- Gloss underside finish to shed muck and make for easy cleaning
The MugGuard is made up of a customised recycled PP polymer that includes a UV additive for increased life and durability in the elements. It features a contrasting matt and gloss black finish for a stealthy, premium looking product.
Supplied with a Velcro roll for fastening to the bike, making it quick release and easily removed for transport on a bike rack / uplift if needed. You can choose zip-ties if you prefer a more permanent fix!
Proudly manufactured in the UK - using recycled materials.
Mucky Nutz MugGuard review, Pinkbike.com:
"In a perfect world, summer time would mean the end of muddy, wet rides, but that's not always the case. Mucky Nutz's new MugGuards 3D-molded fenders only take a couple minutes to mount up, and they provide plenty of coverage for those extra soggy days. I installed one in time for the opening day of the Whistler Bike Park, and it worked exactly as intended, blocking most of the mud and water that was being flung up by my front wheel. There are two versions, short and long, but even the shorter option covers much more real estate than your typical flat fender. They do cost more, but I'm willing to pay a little extra if it means I can ride down a saturated trail without needing to constantly stop and wipe my goggles or eyeballs."
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.