THOMSON Elite MTB Stem*Clearance Product
|Options||25.4 x 90mm Black 5 degree In Stock|
- All Thomson Stems can be flipped and run opposite their stated rise (upside down) giving you more fit options.
- The Thomson stem is machined from 7000 series aluminium. The stem is one-piece design with no welds or joins.
- The wide clamp length (48mm) and the patent pending undercut around the handlebar combine to grip the handlebar more securely. Thomson's "two clamps in one" design provides a stiff ride with minimal flexing or squeaking.
- The stem is designed to be very knee friendly. The rear of the stem has no lumps, grooves, or exposed bolts to hit your knee on.
- The steerer tube clamps pamper your steerer tube. The two bolts provide an extra level of security.
- The Thomson stem has passed extensive life and ultimate strength tests.
- Thomson have an on going testing programme to ensure that every production lot meets Thomson standards.
- The centre tubular section of the Thomson stem is tapered with a constant wall thickness resulting in a high stiffness to weight ratio. The torsional rigidity of the Thomson stem is over 155 foot pounds per degree, the highest of any stem Thomson have tested.
- The bolts are custom-made from high strength steel. A corrosion-preventative plating is added to prevent rust. All six bolts are interchangeable. A 4mm hex wrench will fit all bolts on Thomson stems and seatposts.
- The stem is anodised to prevent corrosion, and maintain a nice appearance. Thomson stems are available with either a black or clear anodised finish.
- The Thomson logo is applied with a laser, so it will not rub off. Most laser marking processes cut through anodising, and will allow the aluminium to corrode. Thomson's laser marking process is specially designed to maintain the integrity of the anodising.
- Lightweight: 110mm stem weighs approximately 199g.
- Every component of the Thomson stem, including the fasteners, is 100 percent American made.
- The Thomson stem is designed to have the best combination of stiffness, lightweight, strength, and durability.
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.