TREK Emonda ALR 5 Disc 2021
|Options||Size: 54cm; Colour: Slate to Trek Black Fade; In Stock
Sizes: 47, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, 62, 64cm; Colour: Purple Abyss; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Emonda ALR 5 Disc is a light and responsive road bike with an advanced alloy frame that gives it the sleek looks and handling of a far more expensive carbon bike. Paired with big upgrades on parts, like the slick shifting Shimano 105 drivetrain and powerful hydraulic disc brakes that stop in any weather, this bike is built to perform on club rides and races alike.
It's right for you if...
You want all the advantages of a bike built to be the lightest in its class, with a wallet-friendly alloy frame that has the sleek looks and handling that you'd expect only from a carbon frame. You also want the confident stopping power that disc brakes provide.
Every detail of the Emonda line, from frame design to each component choice on every model, serves the same audacious goal: to create the lightest line of production road bikes ever offered.
The entire Emonda line is unbelievably light, with sensational ride-tuned balance and handling that elevate Trek ride performance to a whole new level. Built with unmatched attention to balance and handling, Emonda ALR offers elegance on a new level, far surpassing the lightness and performance of many of its carbon competitors.
Upgrades from Emonda ALR 4 Disc:
- Shimano 105 11 speed drivetrain
- Shimano 105 disc brakes
- Bontrager carbon seatpost
- Ultra lightweight: Trek's lightest and best-riding aluminium race bike pushes the boundaries of what's possible for bicycle weight and performance.
- Super-advanced aluminium frame: Trek's premium-grade 300-series Alpha Aluminium is hydroformed into size-specific tubes that provide the perfect balance of stiffness and weight.
- Invisible weld technology: Revolutionary welding technology never before seen on an aluminium road bike creates a better connection with each tube junction, increasing strength while using less material. The results are smooth and flawless seams, stronger bonds between the frame's tubes, sparkling aesthetics, and decreased frame weight.
- Emonda SL fork: ultra lightweight full carbon construction
- Sharing the geometry of Trek's highest-end carbon Emonda racing bikes, it gives you a ride quality that stands up in every way to far more expensive carbon bikes: it climbs fast, corners on rails, and descends with confidence
- Lifetime warranty: Trek backs the lightest production road bike in the world with the best warranty in the world.
- Complete groupsets: Every Emonda model comes with matching chain, cassette, shifters, derailleurs, crank, brakes, everything. The Emonda ALR 5 Disc features full Shimano 105 componentry.
- Disc brakes offer better braking performance and extra clearance for wider, more stable tyres
- Weight (56cm): 8.98kg
- Tapered headtube
The fork tapers from a 1.5" lower bearing to a 1 1/8" upper bearing. The larger-diameter lower bearing keeps the fork stiffer under cornering loads and distributes forces more evenly, increasing the life of the bearings. Result: a more confident and durable ride.
Wide, stiff press-fit bottom bracket improves pedalling performance for exhilarating acceleration.
- Tubeless Ready
These TLR rims will allow you to take the plunge to a tubeless tyre system. Advantages of going tubeless include: a lighter set-up, reduced chance of punctures, and the ability to run grippier, lower tyre pressures without having to worry about pinch punctures.
- DuoTrap S compatible
The end of cable ties. DuoTrap S seamlessly integrates the computer sensor (available separately) into the frame to measure speed, distance, and cadence with no added aerodynamic drag. It sends the data by Bluetooth and ANT+ so will work with Bluetooth compatible smartphones and all the major ANT+ wireless technology players, including Bontrager, Garmin, Bryton, PowerTap, and SRM.
- Blendr stem
A stem/accessory integration interface that enables you to position your Blendr-compatible accessory in a convenient, easy-to-reach-and-see location without the hassle and clutter of extra brackets.
- 3S integrated chain keeper
The 3S chain keeper is integrated directly into the bike frame. It's an elegant solution that provides flawless gear shifting even on rough roads and under heavy loads. No more standing on the side of the road, covered in grease, unwedging your dropped chain as competitors race by.
- The lightest road bike line in the world is backed by the cycling world's best warranty.
Trek Emonda ALR 5 Disc review, Cycling Weekly magazine, January 2019:
"It does ... ride better than its rival and for the price, weight and spec with the new 105 disc groupset it's pretty much unrivalled."
Verdict: The Trek Emonda ALR is a great bike for those looking to get a ride on a well-equipped machine that rides more like carbon than aluminium. Trek has got it right with the Emonda ALR: is this aluminium making a strong comeback?
|Frame||Ultralight 300 Series Alpha Aluminium, Invisible Weld Technology, tapered head tube, BB86.5, flat mount disc brakes, 12mm thru-axle, internal cable routing, DuoTrap S compatible.
|Forks||Emonda carbon disc, carbon tapered steerer, flat mount disc brakes, 12mm thru-axle.
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano 105|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano 105, braze-on|
|Shifters||Shimano 105, 11 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano 105, compact (50/34)|
|Bottom Bracket||Press fit BB86.5|
|Freewheel||Shimano 105 11-28, 11 speed cassette|
|Headset||Integrated, sealed cartridge bearings, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7-degree, with Blendr compatible computer and light mounts|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8mm|
|Front Brake||Shimano 105 flat mount hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano 105 flat mount hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano 105 STI|
|Rims||Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready Disc|
|Front Hub||Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 12mm thru-axle|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 12mm thru-axle|
|Tyres||Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, puncture resistant, 700x25c|
|Saddle||Bontrager Montrose Comp|
|Seatpost||Bontrager carbon, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 8mm offset|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.