TREK Checkpoint SL 5 2023
|Options||Size: 49cm; Colour: Radioactive Red/Nautical Navy; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 52cm; Colour: Radioactive Red/Nautical Navy; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 54cm; Colour: Radioactive Red/Nautical Navy; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 56cm; Colour: Radioactive Red/Nautical Navy; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 58cm; Colour: Radioactive Red/Nautical Navy; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: 61cm; Colour: Radioactive Red/Nautical Navy; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 49cm; Colour: Satin Mercury/Satin Carbon Smoke; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 52cm; Colour: Satin Mercury/Satin Carbon Smoke; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 54cm; Colour: Satin Mercury/Satin Carbon Smoke; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 56cm; Colour: Satin Mercury/Satin Carbon Smoke; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 58cm; Colour: Satin Mercury/Satin Carbon Smoke; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 61cm; Colour: Satin Mercury/Satin Carbon Smoke; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Checkpoint SL 5 is a carbon gravel bike made for epic all-road adventures. It's built with lightweight OCLV Carbon, terrain-smoothing damped IsoSpeed, nimble-yet-stable progressive geometry, internal storage and loads of mounts. All of that adds up to a rad gravel bike capable of crushing the longest, roughest rides and the most ambitious bikepacking trips.
- All-new Checkpoint SL is a versatile gravel bike that can handle anything you want to throw at it or bolt to it!
- This bike is exceedingly versatile and suited to a wide variety of riding styles, including gravel rides, bikepacking and daily commutes.
- All-new progressive geometry is quick and nimble yet keeps you stable and in control on fast, choppy descents.
- The damped, controlled rebound of the IsoSpeed decoupler soaks up fatiguing bumps without bouncing you around.
- 500-series OCLV is a superb balance of light weight, strength and stiffness, in size-specific tubes, for an unmatched ride quality.
- Integrated frame bag mounts and rack and mudguard mounts make it easy to carry gear and water. Add the Bontrager Adventure Boss Frame Bag (see here) which cleanly integrates with the mounts underneath the top tube for a strap-less fit.
- Massive tyre clearance means you can use tyres up to 45 c for extra traction and stability in any conditions.
- A sleek internal storage compartment gives you a versatile spot to stow tools and gear.
- Removable Carbon Armour helps to protect the frame against debris.
- Gravel specific Shimano GRX 2x11 drivetrain and hydraulic disc brakes.
It's right for you if...
Chamois or cut-off shorts, bikepacking trip or brutal day of gravel racing - you're going to ride far, go fast and have a great time. You want a bike that's both fast and comfortable, and you want endless carrying options for gravel races and everyday adventures.
The tech you get:
A 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame with damped Rear IsoSpeed and carbon armour, a progressive geometry that's stable at speed and efficient when you're grinding up a climb, internal storage, hidden cables that won't interfere with bags, integrated frame bag mounts and rack and mudguard mounts. Plus, a carbon fork, a 2x11 Shimano GRX drivetrain with lower gears for grinding up hills or through rough gravel, and wide 700x40c gravel tyres for added stability and traction. You can even run a dropper post to get low on long descents.
- IsoSpeed: The revolutionary IsoSpeed rear decoupler gives professional athletes and riders the world over an immediate advantage over rough roads and gravel thanks to double the compliance of a traditional road bike while still putting all the rider's power to the road. Trek's engineers designed a decoupler that allows the seat tube to rotate independently from the top tube-to-seatstay junction, increasing vertical compliance to twice that of the nearest rival system, without compromising pedalling efficiency. Result: you can ride harder, longer.
- 500 Series OCLV Carbon: OCLV is Trek's patented carbon production process. Over two decades ago, Trek engineers developed the Optimum Compaction, Low Void carbon manufacturing process, enabling them to produce carbon bikes with consistency and quality previously thought impossible. It was an industry breakthrough and to this day, Trek OCLV carbon frames are the best, most consistent you can buy.
Optimum Compaction means the carbon material is densely compressed, achieving the optimal fibre-to-resin ratio to maximise strength and minimise weight. Low Void (LV) means the carbon has almost no microscopic gaps between carbon layers, achieving a strength that exceeds even aerospace standards.
500 Series achieves a superb balance and light weight, strength and stiffness that's perfectly suited to the sophisticated frame technologies that distinguish Trek frames.
- Tapered headtube: The fork tapers from a 1.5" lower bearing to a 1 1/8" upper bearing. The larger-diameter lower bearing keeps the fork stiffer under cornering loads and distributes forces more evenly, increasing the life of the bearings. Result: a more confident and durable ride.
- Flat Mount Brakes: more elegant, lighter and smaller than standard disc brakes, providing superior performance for gravel bikes.
- 3S integrated chain keeper is integrated directly into the bike frame. It's an elegant solution that provides flawless gear shifting even on rough roads and under heavy loads. No more standing on the side of the road, covered in grease, unwedging your dropped chain as competitors race by.
- Blendr Integration: Blendr seamlessly mounts Bontrager Trip computers, Bontrager Ion lights and Garmin computers directly to the handlebars, keeping everything zip tie-free and in its place.
- Mudguard and pannier rack compatible: Mudguard mounts allow for full-coverage mudguards so you can ride comfortably in less-than-ideal conditions. Rack mounts enable Checkpoint SL to become your favourite commuter or touring bike.
|Frame||500 Series OCLV Carbon, IsoSpeed, internal cable routing, downtube storage door, 3S chain keeper, T47 BB, rack and mudguard mounts, integrated frame bag mounts, flat-mount disc, dropper post compatible, 142x12 mm thru axle.
|Forks||Trek Checkpoint, full carbon, tapered carbon steerer, rack mounts, mudguard mounts, flat-mount disc, 12x100 mm thru-axle.
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano GRX RX810, long cage (34T maximum cog)|
|Shifters||Shimano GRX RX600 STI, 11 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano GRX RX600, 46/30T|
|Bottom Bracket||Praxis, T47 threaded, internal bearing|
|Chain||Shimano 105 HG601|
|Freewheel||Shimano 105 HG700-11, 11-34, 11 speed cassette|
|Headset||FSA integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, Blendr compatible (mounts available for Bontrager lights and Bontrager and Garmin computers), 31.8mm, 7 degree|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Elite Gravel, alloy, 31.8mm|
|Front Brake||Shimano GRX RX600, Shimano SM-RT70 160mm CentreLock rotor
|Rear Brake||Shimano GRX RX600, Shimano SM-RT70 160mm CentreLock rotor
|Brake Levers||Shimano GRX RX600 STI|
|Rims||Paradigm SL, Tubeless Ready, 24-hole, 21mm inner width|
|Front Hub||Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, CentreLock disc, 100x12mm thru axle|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, CentreLock disc, 142x12mm thru axle|
|Tyres||Bontrager GR1 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength side walls, 120 tpi, aramid bead (foldable), 700x40c|
|Saddle||Bontrager P3 Verse Comp|
|Seatpost||Bontrager carbon, 27.2mm, 8mm offset, 330mm length|
|Grips||Bontrager Supertack Perf tape|
|Miscellaneous||Bontrager BITS Internal Frame Storage Bag|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.