TREK Checkpoint ALR 4 2021
|Options||Sizes: 49, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61cm; Colour: Rage Red; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** In Stock
Sizes: 49, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61cm; Colour: Dark Aquatic; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
The Checkpoint ALR 4 is an aluminium gravel bike that offers an incredible amount of capability for the price. It's built for the rigours of gravel and dirt roads, but it's also right at home on morning commutes and centuries. This bike knows no boundaries, which makes it the ideal gateway to adventure on any road or track.
- This bike is exceedingly versatile and suited to a wide variety of riding styles, including gravel rides, bikepacking and daily commutes.
- Mounts on the seat tube and both sides of the down tube make it easy to carry extra gear and water bottles
- Massive tyre clearance means you can use tyres from 28c all the way up to 45c for extra traction and stability in any condition.
- Lively, incredible handling characteristics similar to the World Cup-winning Boone cyclocross, with a touch extra stability.
- Trek's clever Stranglehold dropouts allow adjustment to the handling characteristics - position the rear wheel forward for quick acceleration and climbing, or move back for increased stability - and also enable you to run the Checkpoint as a singlespeed bike.
- Super-advanced aluminium frame: Trek's premium-grade 300-series Alpha Aluminium is hydroformed into size-specific tubes that provide the perfect balance of stiffness and weight.
- Flat Mount Shimano hydraulic disc brakes: more elegant, lighter and smaller than standard disc brakes, providing superior performance for road and gravel bikes.
- Bontrager Elite IsoZone handlebars integrate IsoZone foam pads directly into the bar's construction providing a minimal increase in diameter and weight, while displacing vibration by 20% to neutralise vibration and reduce hand numbness.
It's right for you if...
You want a single durable, ultra-versatile gravel bike that's ready for adventure. Gravel? Check. Tarmac? Check. Multi-day bikepacking? Check. Foul-weather commuting? Check. Check. Check.
The tech you get:
A stout aluminium frame with rack and mudguard mounts, a vibration-absorbing carbon fork, a 2x10 Shimano GRX drive train with lower gears for grinding up hills or through rough gravel, hydraulic disc brakes for all-condition stopping power and wide 700x40c gravel tyres for added stability and traction.
- High performance: Highly engineered 300 Series Alpha Aluminium frame - Trek's premium aluminium, formed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight. Revolutionary Invisible Weld Technology offers a better connection at each tube junction, increasing strength while using less material. The results are smooth and flawless seams, stronger bonds between the frame's tubes, sparkling aesthetics, and decreased frame weight.
- Tapered headtube: The fork tapers from a 1.5" lower bearing to a 1 1/8" upper bearing. The larger-diameter lower bearing keeps the fork stiffer under cornering loads and distributes forces more evenly, increasing the life of the bearings. Result: a more confident and durable ride.
- BB86.5: Wide, stiff bottom bracket improves pedalling performance for exhilarating acceleration.
- Flat Mount Brakes: more elegant, lighter, smaller and cleaner than traditional disc brakes.
- Control Freak Cable Management: Control Freak is the lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system. It allows any combination of shift and brake housing to be routed through the frame for clean aesthetics and an easily customised set-up.
- 3S integrated chain keeper is integrated directly into the bike frame. It's an elegant solution that provides flawless gear shifting even on rough roads and under heavy loads. No more standing on the side of the road, covered in grease, unwedging your dropped chain as competitors race by.
- Blendr Integration: Blendr seamlessly mounts Bontrager Trip computers, Bontrager Ion lights and Garmin computers directly to the handlebars, keeping everything zip tie-free and in its place.
- Mudguard compatible: Mudguard mounts allow for full-coverage mudguards so you can ride comfortably in less-than-ideal conditions.
|Frame||300 Series Alpha Aluminium, tapered head tube, BB86.5, flat mount disc brakes, Stranglehold dropouts, 12mm thru axle, Control Freak, internal control routing, 3S chain keeper.
|Forks||Checkpoint carbon disc, alloy tapered steerer, flat mount disc brakes, rack mounts, hidden mudguard mounts, 12mm thru axle.
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano GRX RX400, long cage (36T maximum cog)|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano GRX RX400, braze-on|
|Shifters||Shimano GRX RX400 STI, 10 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano GRX RX600, 46/30|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano RS500, 92 mm, PressFit|
|Freewheel||Shimano Tiagra HG500, 11-34, 10 speed cassette|
|Headset||FSA integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, Blendr compatible (mounts available for Bontrager lights and Bontrager and Garmin computers), 31.8mm, 7 degree|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Elite IsoZone VR-CF, 31.8 mm|
|Front Brake||Shimano GRX hydraulic disc, flat mount|
|Rear Brake||Shimano GRX hydraulic disc, flat mount|
|Brake Levers||Shimano GRX RX400 STI|
|Rims||Bontrager Tubeless Ready, 28 hole, 17mm internal width|
|Front Hub||Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 100x12mm thru axle, CentreLock|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 142x12mm thru axle, CentreLock|
|Tyres||Bontrager GR1 Comp, 700x40c|
|Saddle||Bontrager Montrose Comp, chromoly rails|
|Seatpost||Bontrager Comp, 6061 alloy, 27.2mm, 8mm offset, 330mm length|
|Grips||Bontrager Supertack Perf tape|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.