TREK Checkpoint SL 6 2021
|Options||Sizes: 49, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61cm; Colour: Carbon Blue Smoke; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE|
Checkpoint SL 6 is a carbon gravel bike without limits. It's designed to take you places you'd never reach on a standard road bike - like the mud-caked finish line of the world's greatest gravel races. A lightweight OCLV Carbon frame with gravel-smoothing IsoSpeed, a Shimano GRX drive train and extra mounts for gear and accessories make this bike a true gravel powerhouse and a great choice for serious all-road adventurers.
- This bike is exceedingly versatile and suited to a wide variety of riding styles, including gravel rides, bikepacking and daily commutes.
- Mounts on the seat tube and both sides of the down tube make it easy to carry extra gear and water bottles
- Massive tyre clearance means you can use tyres from 28c all the way up to 45c for extra traction and stability in any condition.
- Lively, incredible handling characteristics similar to the World Cup-winning Boone cyclocross, with a touch extra stability.
- IsoSpeed decoupler cuts down on fatiguing bumps in gravel so you can wander more, reach new places and stay stronger for longer
- Trek's clever Stranglehold dropouts allow adjustment to the handling characteristics - position the rear wheel forward for quick acceleration and climbing, or move back for increased stability - and also enable you to run the Checkpoint as a singlespeed bike.
- 500-series OCLV is a superb balance of light weight, strength and stiffness, in size-specific tubes, for an unmatched ride quality.
- Carbon Armor helps to protect the frame against debris.
- Asymmetrical drop-stay provides extra clearance for wider tyres without compromising chainstay length or handling.
- Flat Mount Shimano hydraulic disc brakes: more elegant, lighter and smaller than standard disc brakes, providing superior performance for road and gravel bikes.
- Bontrager RL IsoZone handlebars integrate IsoZone foam pads directly into the bar's construction providing a minimal increase in diameter and weight, while displacing vibration by 20% to neutralise vibration and reduce hand numbness.
The tech you get:
A 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame with Rear IsoSpeed, a Shimano GRX drive train with a wide-range cassette, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, Bontrager Paradigm Comp Disc wheels with 25mm inner width rims and wide 700x40c gravel tyres that provide extra traction and stability, and a vibration-absorbing handlebar.
- IsoSpeed: The revolutionary IsoSpeed rear decoupler gives professional athletes and riders the world over an immediate advantage over rough roads and gravel thanks to double the compliance of a traditional road bike while still putting all the rider's power to the road. Trek's engineers designed a decoupler that allows the seat tube to rotate independently from the top tube-to-seatstay junction, increasing vertical compliance to twice that of the nearest rival system, without compromising pedalling efficiency. Result: you can ride harder, longer.
- 500 Series OCLV Carbon: OCLV is Trek's patented carbon production process. Over two decades ago, Trek engineers developed the Optimum Compaction, Low Void carbon manufacturing process, enabling them to produce carbon bikes with consistency and quality previously thought impossible. It was an industry breakthrough and to this day, Trek OCLV carbon frames are the best, most consistent you can buy.
Optimum Compaction means the carbon material is densely compressed, achieving the optimal fibre-to-resin ratio to maximise strength and minimise weight. Low Void (LV) means the carbon has almost no microscopic gaps between carbon layers, achieving a strength that exceeds even aerospace standards.
500 Series achieves a superb balance and light weight, strength and stiffness that's perfectly suited to the sophisticated frame technologies that distinguish Trek frames.
- Ride Tuned seatpost: The lightest, most comfortable solution for day-in, day-out performance and comfort. The no-cut design eliminates traditional seatpost clamping forces, so Trek can use less material at the seat tube junction, resulting in a lighter frame.
Most seatpost systems have to be cut, leaving little or no room for adjustability. The Ride Tuned seatpost system has more than 10cm of adjustment, making it the most adjustable system on the market.
- Tapered headtube: The fork tapers from a 1.5" lower bearing to a 1 1/8" upper bearing. The larger-diameter lower bearing keeps the E2 fork stiffer under cornering loads and distributes forces more evenly, increasing the life of the bearings. Result: a more confident and durable ride.
- BB90: The widest bottom bracket available on a road bike. This Trek-exclusive carbon BB makes the frame lighter, stiffer, and quicker to accelerate.
- Flat Mount Brakes: more elegant, lighter, smaller and cleaner than traditional disc brakes.
- Control Freak Cable Management: Control Freak is the lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system. It allows any combination of shift and brake housing to be routed through the frame for clean aesthetics and an easily customised set-up.
- 3S integrated chain keeper is integrated directly into the bike frame. It's an elegant solution that provides flawless gear shifting even on rough roads and under heavy loads. No more standing on the side of the road, covered in grease, unwedging your dropped chain as competitors race by.
- Blendr Integration: Blendr seamlessly mounts Bontrager Trip computers, Bontrager Ion lights and Garmin computers directly to the handlebars, keeping everything zip tie-free and in its place.
- Mudguard compatible: Mudguard mounts allow for full-coverage mudguards so you can ride comfortably in less-than-ideal conditions
|Frame||500 Series OCLV Carbon, Rear IsoSpeed, Stranglehold dropouts, tapered head tube, BB90, flat-mount disc brakes, rack mounts and hidden mudguard mounts, Control Freak, internal control routing, 12mm thru axle, 3S chain keeper, Ride Tuned seatmast.
|Forks||Checkpoint carbon disc, carbon tapered steerer, Flat Mount disc brakes, rack mounts, hidden mudguard mounts, 12mm thru axle.
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano GRX RX810, long cage (34T maximum cog)|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano GRX RX810, braze-on|
|Shifters||Shimano GRX STI, 11 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano GRX RX810, 48/31|
|Chain||Shimano Ultegra HG701|
|Freewheel||Shimano Ultegra HG800, 11-34, 11 speed cassette|
|Headset||FSA integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Pro, Blendr compatible (mounts available for Bontrager lights and Bontrager and Garmin computers), 31.8mm, 7 degree|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Elite IsoZone VR-CF, alloy, 31.8 mm|
|Front Brake||Shimano GRX flat mount hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano GRX flat mount hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano GRX STI|
|Rims||Bontrager Paradigm Comp 25, Tubeless Ready, 25mm rim width|
|Front Hub||Bontrager Paradigm Comp 25, 100x12mm thru axle|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager Paradigm Comp 25, Shimano 11-speed freehub, 142x12 thru axle|
|Tyres||Bontrager GR1 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength side walls, 120 tpi, aramid bead (foldable), 700x40c|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada Comp, 135mm wdith|
|Seatpost||Bontrager carbon seatmast cap, 10mm offset|
|Grips||Bontrager Supertack Perf tape|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.