TREK Checkpoint AL 3 2020
|Options||Sizes: 49, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61cm; Colour: Era White; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: 52cm; Colour: Trek Black ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** In Stock
***COLLECT IN STORE OR LOCAL HOME DELIVERY ONLY***
Checkpoint AL 3 is packed with features that make it a worthy choice for new and experienced gravel grinders alike. It's a rugged all-road ride for gravel adventures, daily commutes, touring, and more! This bike knows no boundaries, which makes it the ideal gateway to adventure on any road or track.
It's right for you if...
You've heard about the new frontier of gravel riding and want to dip your toes into the grit with an affordable, capable ride that can meet your all-road adventure aspirations and also function as your daily commuter.
The tech you get
A 200 Series Alpha Aluminium frame with large tyre clearance, a carbon disc fork, 12mm thru axles, a 2x9 Shimano Sora drivetrain, mudguard and rack mounts, Tektro mechanical disc brakes for all-weather stopping power, Tubeless Ready wheels, and 700x32 Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite puncture resistant tyres.
- This bike is exceedingly versatile and suited to a wide variety of riding styles, including gravel rides, bikepacking and daily commutes.
- Tyre clearance of up to 38c for excellent traction and stability.
- Lively, incredible handling characteristics similar to the World Cup-winning Boone cyclocross, with a touch extra stability.
- Advanced Alpha 200 series aluminium frame.
- Flat mount Tektro C550 Spyre disc brakes: more elegant, lighter and smaller than standard disc brakes, providing superior performance for road and gravel bikes.
- Mounts on the seat tube and both sides of the down tube make it easy to carry extra gear and water.
- Internal routing protects your cables, even when the gravel gets muddy.
- High performance: Highly engineered 200 Series Alpha Aluminium frame - Trek's premium aluminium, formed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight. Revolutionary Invisible Weld Technology offers a better connection at each tube junction, increasing strength while using less material. The results are smooth and flawless seams, stronger bonds between the frame's tubes, sparkling aesthetics, and decreased frame weight.
- Tapered headtube: The fork tapers from a 1.5" lower bearing to a 1 1/8" upper bearing. The larger-diameter lower bearing keeps the fork stiffer under cornering loads and distributes forces more evenly, increasing the life of the bearings. Result: a more confident and durable ride.
- Flat mount brakes: more elegant, lighter, smaller and cleaner than traditional disc brakes.
- 3S integrated chain keeper is integrated directly into the bike frame. It's an elegant solution that provides flawless gear shifting even on rough roads and under heavy loads. No more standing on the side of the road, covered in grease, unwedging your dropped chain as competitors race by.
- Blendr Integration: Blendr seamlessly mounts Bontrager Trip computers, Bontrager Ion lights and Garmin computers directly to the handlebars, keeping everything zip tie-free and in its place.
- Mudguard compatible: Mudguard mounts allow for full-coverage mudguards so you can ride comfortably in less-than-ideal conditions.
|Frame||Alpha 200 series aluminium, tapered head-tube, BB86.5, flat-mount disc brakes, 12mm thru-axle, internal cable routing, with rack mounts and hidden mudguard mounts.
|Forks||Checkpoint carbon disc, tapered steerer, flat mount disc brakes, rack mounts, hidden mudguard mounts, 12mm thru axle.
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Sora|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Sora|
|Shifters||Shimano Sora STI, 9 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano Sora, compact (50/34)|
|Bottom Bracket||Sealed cartridge|
|Freewheel||Shimano Sora 11-32, 9 speed cassette|
|Headset||Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite Blendr, with computer and light mounts (suit Bontrager computers and lights), 31.8mm, 7 degree|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8mm|
|Front Brake||Tektro C550 Spyre, dual-piston mechanical disc, flat mount|
|Rear Brake||Tektro C550 Spyre, dual-piston mechanical disc, flat mount|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Sora STI|
|Rims||Bontrager Affinity, Tubeless Ready, 24h|
|Front Hub||Formula alloy disc, 12mm thru axle, 24h|
|Rear Hub||Formula alloy disc, 12mm thru axle, 24h|
|Tyres||Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, puncture resistant, 700x32c|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada Comp|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 27.2mm|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.