TREK Marlin 7 2020
|Options||Sizes: XS, S in 27.5; Colour: Emerald Iris; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: M, M/L, L, XL, XXL in 29; Colour: Emerald Iris; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** In Stock
Sizes: XS, S in 27.5; Colour: Viper Red; ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: M, M/L, L, XL, XXL in 29; Colour: Viper Red ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** In Stock
Marlin 7 is where race-worthy mountain bikes begin. The smooth, lightweight RockShox fork and upgraded parts make this model the best choice for new riders who want a great cross country hardtail that will hold its own against our higher-end race bikes.
The Marlin is a true performance bike, fully capable of long rides and races. It offers so much more than might be expected at this price point.
- XC light, mountain tough: Alpha Silver Aluminium frame is race light, mountain strong, and ride tuned for peak performance. The new frame features sleek tube shapes and clean internal routing for all cables and hoses including both derailleurs and rear brake.
- Trail Ready: not all bikes with knobby tyres are ready to handle the real world of off-road riding. Trek's Trail Ready certification indicates the frame has passed Trek's strict testing for durability and impact standards, and is ready to handle the rigours of real off-road riding.
- Shimano Acera/Altus 2x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don't; the low-profile Shimano Shadow rear derailleur is designed to avoid snagging on trail debris.
- RockShox XC 30 suspension forks with lock-out.
- Powerful Shimano hydraulic disc brakes give excellent control and feel.
- Versatile: built in mounts make it easy to add a rack and mudguards if you want to.
- Lifetime warranty: built to last, the Marlin is backed by Trek's limited lifetime warranty.
- The right fit: available in a wide range of seven frame sizes, ranging from XS to XXL, there's a Marlin for anyone, at any height. This is the widest size range in the industry.
Smart Wheel Size ensures every rider gets the fastest wheel that fits. XS and S frames have 27.5" wheels, short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that make it easier for riders with smaller hands to stay in control.
M and above frame sizes have 29" (29er) wheels. The 29ers gain from Trek's vast experience with bigger wheel sizes, and feature advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork to give you brilliant handling: precise at low speed without compromising high-speed stability.
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control. Everyone wins.
So go on, find a trail and enjoy!
Upgrades from Marlin 6:
- RockShox XC 30 fork
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc brakes
- 2x9-speed Shimano drivetrain
- Shimano Acera M3000 Shadow rear derailleur
- Shimano Altus M2010 shifter
- Shimano Altus M2020 front derailleur
- Shimano MT101 chainset
Trek Marlin 7 review, Bicycling magazine, December 2019 (see here for full review):
"The star of the Marlin 7 show is an alumin(i)um frame packed with subtle features that make this 800-dollar cross country bike perfect for both casual rides and aspiring racers alike, not to mention a paint job and sleek frame that's easy on the eyes. The bike boasts the kind of sharp and precise steering you'd expect from higher-priced racing models, and the 100mm RockShox XC30 coil spring fork delivers surprisingly good performance even over some of the rockiest trails found near the Bicycling office in eastern Pennsylvania.
The Takeaway: The Marlin 7 combines race-inspired geometry with budget-friendly components for a versatile bike that's ideal for aspiring racers and commuters alike."
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminium, internal derailleur, dropper post and brake routing, chainstay brake mount, rack and kickstand mount.
|Forks||RockShox XC 30, coil spring, preload, TurnKey hydraulic lockout, with custom 46mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Acera M3000 Shadow|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Altus M2020|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus M2010, 9 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano MT101, 2x9 (36/22)|
|Bottom Bracket||Sealed cartridge|
|Freewheel||Shimano HG200 11-36, 9 speed cassette|
|Headset||1 1/8" threadless, semi-integrated|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 7 degree rise, Blendr compatible|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise|
|Front Brake||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano MT200|
|Rims||Bontrager Connection 32 hole double-walled|
|Front Hub||Formula DC20 alloy|
|Rear Hub||Formula DC22 alloy|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR2 Comp, 27.5x2.2" / 29x2.2"|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Comp, lock-on|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.