TREK X-Caliber 8 2019
|Options||Sizes: 13.5, 15.5" in 27.5; Colour: Cardinal; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: 17.5, 18.5, 19.5, 21.5, 23" in 29; Colour: Cardinal; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: 13.5, 15.5" in 27.5; Colour: Gravel; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: 17.5, 18.5, 19.5, 21.5, 23" in 29; Colour: Gravel - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
The X-Caliber 8 is a cross-country mountain bike made for fast laps and long days on the trail. It's built with special attention to value and the parts that make the biggest difference in performance. A plush RockShox air fork and quality Shimano drivetrain and hydraulic disc brakes mean the X-Caliber 8 is a great choice for new mountain bikers and XC racers searching for fast, fun, single-track adventure.
The Alpha Gold Aluminium frame has advanced tube shapes designed through hi-tech FEA analysis to provide the best balance of strength, weight, and ride quality. It includes high-end features like internal derailleur and dropper post cable routing, tapered head tube, chainstay mounted brakes, and Boost141 hub spacing. The wider rear hub provides the same benefits of Boost148 in an open-dropout (quick release) configuration, namely stronger wheels, shorter chainstays for greater manoeuvrability, and more tyre clearance.
- The lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame delivers a phenomenal ride quality
- Shorter chainstays and Boost141 hub spacing for increased agility and clearance for wider tyres
- The sleek internal routing protects cables and accommodates dropper post upgrades
- Race-ready spec: the simplicity and lightness of a 2x10 drivetrain, tunable RockShox air forks, suspension lockout, and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes mean you're ready to roll right from the go
- More sizes fit more riders:
Extended size range includes the small 13.5", the additional mid-range 18.5", and the extra-large 23" to better fit more riders.
- Smart Wheel Size: One wheel size does not fit all. Trek put the right size wheel on every frame: 27.5" on 13.5" and 15.5" frames, 29er on 17.5" and up. The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control. Everyone wins.
Upgrades from X-Caliber 7:
- RockShox 30 Silver air fork: lighter, plusher and more tunable
- Bontrager Kovee Tubeless Ready (TLR) rims give an easy route into the world of tubeless. Ditch inner tubes for a lighter, better handling set-up, and a reduced chance of punctures (tubeless ready tyres, tubeless rim strips and sealant required, which are available separately).
- Shimano Deore XT/Deore 2x10 drivetrain with RaceFace Ride chainset: the 10-speed cassette and 2-ring crankset delivers a full range of usable gears, with less weight and easier, smoother gear shifting
- Smart Wheel Size acknowledges that one wheel size does not fit all. Yet, a bigger wheel is a faster wheel with greater efficiency and momentum to carry you wherever you want to go. Bigger wheels roll better! So, ride the fastest wheel that fits.
For all riders challenged to fit on fast 29" wheels, Trek's new X-Caliber 13.5" and 15.5" hardtails are designed around 27.5" wheels. Bikes sized 17.5" and up offer the speed and efficiency of 29" wheels. Smart Wheel Size is a simple sizing strategy that places riders on the fastest wheel that fits.
- Alpha Gold Aluminium:
Trek's high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted for weight reduction and superior strength. Frames built with Alpha Gold feature some degree of mechanical and hydroforming to create more sophisticated shapes for lighter weight, and are finished using Trek's smooth-weld finishing process.
- G2 Geometry:
The best-handling 29ers. Conventional wisdom says 29ers have sleepy handling compared to smaller wheel bikes. Trek solved that with G2 Geometry, featuring a custom-offset fork and advanced frame geometry for precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. It's why Trek 29ers handle better than any others.
- Internal derailleur routing:
Clean and simple. Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you run your derailleur housing directly through the frame, keeping the cable protected from the elements and your bike running smooth, clean, and quiet.
- Rack mounts:
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
|Frame||Alpha Gold Aluminium, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, rack and kickstand mount, Boost141, G2 Geometry.
|Forks||RockShox 30 Silver, Solo Air, rebound adjust, TurnKey hydraulic lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry with 51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel (13.5" size: 80mm travel)|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore XT M781, Shadow|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Deore M617|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M6000, 10 speed|
|Chainset||Race Face Ride 2x10 (36/22T)|
|Bottom Bracket||Sealed cartridge|
|Freewheel||Shimano HG50, 11-36, 10 speed cassette|
|Headset||Semi-integrated, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree rise, Blendr compatible|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Low Riser alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width (13.5: size: 690 mm width)|
|Front Brake||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano MT200|
|Rims||Bontrager Kovee Tubeless Ready, 28 hole|
|Front Hub||Formula DC20 LW alloy|
|Rear Hub||Formula DC2241 alloy, Boost141|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20" (29ers) / Bontrager XR2, 27.5x2.20" (27.5)|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.