TREK X-Caliber 9 2019
|Options||Sizes: 13.5, 15.5" in 27.5; Colour: Slate; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: 17.5, 18.5, 19.5, 21.5, 23"; Colour: Slate; - In Stock
Sizes: 13.5, 15.5" in 27.5; Colour: Volt Green; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: 17.5, 18.5, 19.5, 21.5, 23"; Colour: Volt Green - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
X-Caliber 9 is the top-end model in the family. It's a fully race-ready cross-country mountain bike built with parts designed to compete. A RockShox Judy Silver fork with remote lockout, a Shimano drivetrain and a wide-range cassette make it a great choice for fast singletrack riders who want a great bike that's ready to race straight out of the box.
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, RockShox Judy Silver fork with remote lockout, Bontrager Kovee wheels and Boost110 thru axle front hub all work together to give X-Caliber 9 exceptional handling. The Shimano XT/SLX 2x11 drivetrain with wide range 11-42 cassette shifts beautifully with the clutch-equipped "Plus" rear derailleur also helping to reduce chain slap and noise.
- The Alpha Gold Aluminium frame has advanced tube shapes designed through hi-tech FEA analysis to provide the best balance of strength, weight, and ride quality. The new frame includes high-end features like internal derailleur and dropper post cable routing, tapered head tube, chainstay mounted brakes, and Boost141 hub spacing. The wider rear hub provides the same benefits of Boost148 in an open-dropout (quick release) configuration, namely stronger wheels, shorter chainstays for greater manoeuvrability, and more tyre clearance.
- More sizes fit more riders:
Extended size range includes the small 13.5", the additional mid-range 18.5", and the extra-large 23" to better fit more riders.
- Smart Wheel Size: One wheel size does not fit all. Trek put the right size wheel on every frame: 27.5" on 13.5" and 15.5" frames, 29er on 17.5" and up. The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control. Everyone wins.
Upgrades from X-Caliber 8:
- RockShox Judy Silver fork
- 2x11 drivetrain
- Shimano XT Shadow Plus rear derailleur with clutch mechanism
- Shimano SLX shifters, front derailleur, cassette and chainset
- Shimano MT400 brakes
- Bontrager sealed bearing hubs
- Smart Wheel Size acknowledges that one wheel size does not fit all. Yet, a bigger wheel is a faster wheel with greater efficiency and momentum to carry you wherever you want to go. Bigger wheels roll better! So, ride the fastest wheel that fits.
For all riders challenged to fit on fast 29" wheels, Trek's new X-Caliber 13.5" and 15.5" hardtails are designed around 27.5" wheels. Bikes sized 17.5" and up offer the speed and efficiency of 29" wheels. Smart Wheel Size is a simple sizing strategy that places riders on the fastest wheel that fits and kills the wheel size confusion.
- Alpha Gold Aluminium:
Trek's high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted for weight reduction and superior strength. Frames built with Alpha Gold feature some degree of mechanical and hydroforming to create more sophisticated shapes for lighter weight, and are finished using Trek's smooth-weld finishing process.
- G2 Geometry:
The best-handling 29ers. Conventional wisdom says 29ers have sleepy handling compared to smaller wheel bikes. Trek solved that with G2 Geometry, featuring a custom-offset fork and advanced frame geometry for precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. It's why Trek 29ers handle better than any others.
- Internal derailleur routing:
Clean and simple. Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you run your derailleur housing directly through the frame, keeping the cable protected from the elements and your bike running smooth, clean, and quiet.
- Rack mounts:
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Available sizes: 13.5 and 15.5" in 27.5; 17.5, 18.5, 19.5, 21.5 and 23" in 29
|Frame||Alpha Gold Aluminium, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, rack and kickstand mount, Boost141, G2 Geometry.
|Forks||RockShox Judy Silver TK, Solo Air spring, rebound adjust, TurnKey hydraulic lockout, tapered steerer, custom G2 Geometry with 51mm offset, Boost110, 100mm travel (13.5" size: 80mm travel)|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore XT M8000, Shadow Plus|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano SLX M7020|
|Shifters||Shimano SLX M7000, 11 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano SLX M7000 2x11 (36/26)|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano BB52, 73mm|
|Freewheel||Shimano SLX M7000, 11-42, 11 speed cassette|
|Headset||Sealed cartridge, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Riser alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise|
|Front Brake||Shimano M400 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano M400 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano M400|
|Rims||Bontrager Kovee 28-hole Tubeless Ready (tubeless rim strips and valves available separately)|
|Front Hub||Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110|
|Rear Hub||Formula DC2641 sealed bearing, Boost141|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20" / 27.5x2.20"|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.