TREK Crockett 5 Disc 2020
|Options||Sizes: 47, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61cm; Colour: Matte Alpine Blue ***COLLECT IN STORE ONLY*** CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE|
Crockett 5 Disc is the perfect high-value cyclocross companion. It's designed with cross-specific details, like a 1x11 drivetrain and a lightweight frame that's easy to carry over barriers, but it's so much more than just a cyclocross bike. The advanced alloy frame looks and handles like carbon, and it's equally at home on gravel and your morning commute as it is on the cross course.
Serious cyclocross performance meets serious do-it-all adventure in Crockett. The Pro CX race geometry and ultra-light aluminium frame let you explore gravel roads during the week and race to the podium at the weekend.
It's right for you if...
You're rolling into the cyclocross scene and looking for a ride that's everything you need and nothing you don't. Or, you're looking for a great all-around bike with road-style bars that's perfectly suited for everything from cyclocross races and gravel roads to commutes and rail trails.
The tech you get
A lightweight and strong 300 Series Alpha Aluminium frame with shaped tubes, Invisible Weld Technology, and extra tyre clearance, 12mm thru axles, an IsoSpeed Cross full carbon fork, powerful flat-mount hydraulic disc brakes and the simplicity of a 1x11 drivetrain with SRAM Rival shifter and derailleur.
- Carbon looks and handling, alloy price point: Invisible Weld Technology and shaped tubes for sleek looks, light weight and incredible handling.
- Full carbon IsoSpeed fork: Generous ride-tuned sweep and shape increase compliance without sacrificing lateral stiffness. The fork soaks up the chatter from rough roads, gravel and cyclocross courses. You get more comfort, total control.
- Pure race geometry: With pro rider input, the geometry has been fine-tuned for a powerful, fast, smooth ride that dominates on the most challenging terrain.
- Internal cable routing with Control Freak Cable Management keeps things smooth, quiet and clean
- Flat mount disc brakes are elegant, lighter, smaller and cleaner than traditional disc brakes
- Quick Connect Water Bottle Mount included: this allows for tool-free removal of your water bottle cage from your frame, and is especially useful for quickly and easily removing a bottle cage before a race
- 12mm through-axles for ultra-precise steering
- Built for a long life of legendary adventures
- Premium 300 Series Alpha aluminium frame, an ultra-precise metal matrix hydroformed into sophisticated size-specific tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- Performance cable routing: sleek, race-optimised cable routing system virtually eliminates friction for the crispest shifting in all conditions. Three years in the making, and well worth the wait!
- Lightweight IsoSpeed fork with carbon fibre legs soaks up hand-numbing road vibration. The generous ride-tuned sweep and shape increases compliance for a smoother ride, and unique dropout placement optimises the wheelbase.
An extra curve above the dropout in the swept-leg design creates a smaller angle to the direction of road vibrations. This angle increases fore/aft compliance, better positioning the fork leg to absorb road force rather than transmitting it straight to the rider. The fork lateral stiffness is also increased, maximising both smoothness and control.
- The fork tapers from a 1.5" lower bearing to a 1 1/8" upper bearing. The larger-diameter lower bearing keeps the fork stiffer under cornering loads and distributes forces more evenly, increasing the life of the bearings. Result: a more confident and durable ride.
- Massive tyre clearance: Mud is a given in cross, but effectively dealing with it is the difference between winning and just finishing. The frame and fork is opened up to give you the most clearance possible so your race never bogs down.
- Control Freak Cable Management: the lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift and brake housing to be routed through the frame for clean looks and an easily customisable set-up.
- A 3S chain keeper is integrated directly into the bike frame. It's an elegant solution that provides flawless gear shifting even on rough roads and under heavy loads. No more standing on the side of the road, covered in grease, unwedging your dropped chain as competitors race by.
- Cyclocross-specific 1x11 speed SRAM Rival 1 gearing provides the perfect range to tackle whatever the course throws at you.
- 12mm through-axles for ultra-precise steering
|Frame||300 Series Alpha Aluminum, Invisible Weld Technology, tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, 3S chain keeper, flat mount disc, 142x12mm thru axle.
|Forks||Trek IsoSpeed Cross full carbon disc, tapered steerer, flat mount disc brakes, 12mm thru-axle, mudguard mounts.
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM Rival 1, medium cage (36T maximum cog)|
|Shifters||SRAM Rival, 11 speed|
|Chainset||Praxis Alba M30, 40T|
|Bottom Bracket||Praxis, T47 threaded, internal bearing|
|Freewheel||SRAM PG-1130, 11-32, 11 speed cassette|
|Headset||FSA integrated, sealed cartridge bearings, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, comes with Blendr compatible computer and light mounts|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8mm|
|Front Brake||SRAM Rival hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||SRAM Rival hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Rival|
|Rims||Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready disc, 21mm width|
|Front Hub||Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, Centerlock, 100x12mm thru axle|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, Centerlock, Shimano 11-speed freehub, 142x12mm thru axle|
|Tyres||Bontrager CX3 Team Issue, 120tpi, aramid bead (foldable), 700x32c|
|Saddle||Bontrager Montrose Comp|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 8mm offset|
|Grips||Bontrager Supertack Perf tape|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.