TREK Checkpoint SL 5 Women's 2019
|Options||Sizes: 49, 52, 54 and 56cm; Colour: Era White - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS|
The Checkpoint SL 5 Women's is a carbon gravel bike made for epic all-road adventures. It's built with a full Shimano 105 drivetrain and hydraulic disc brakes, but the defining feature of this model is the lightweight OCLV Carbon frame with IsoSpeed, a decoupler at the top tube/seat tube junction that provides additional compliance over rough terrain so you can stay stronger for longer.
It's right for you if...
Chamois or cut-off shorts, bikepacking trip or brutal day of gravel racing - you're going to ride far, go fast and have a great time. You'd rather spend your money on a lightweight carbon frame than a top-of-the-line drivetrain, but you still expect your workhorse gravel bike to perform. You want a bike that's both fast and comfortable with endless carry options for gravel races and everyday adventures, and you prefer the fit and feel of parts made specifically for women.
The tech you get
A 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame with Rear IsoSpeed, powerful flat-mount hydraulic disc brakes, a full 2x11 Shimano 105 groupset and 700x35 Schwalbe TL-EX G-One Tubeless Ready gravel tyres. Checkpoint SL 5 Women's also has Control Freak internal cable routing, an alloy seatmast cap, a Women-Specific Design saddle, Carbon Armour to protect the frame against debris, 12mm thru axles and Stranglehold dropouts that make it easy to fine-tune your geometry or run singlespeed.
- This bike is exceedingly versatile and suited to a wide variety of riding styles, including gravel rides, bikepacking and daily commutes.
- Mounts on the seat tube and both sides of the down tube make it easy to carry extra gear and water bottles
- Massive tyre clearance means you can use tyres from 28c all the way up to 45c for extra traction and stability in any condition.
- Lively, incredible handling characteristics similar to the World Cup-winning Boone cyclocross, with a touch extra stability.
- IsoSpeed decoupler cuts down on fatiguing bumps in gravel so you can wander more, reach new places and stay stronger for longer
- Trek's clever Stranglehold dropouts allow adjustment to the handling characteristics - position the rear wheel forward for quick acceleration and climbing, or move back for increased stability - and also enable you to run the Checkpoint as a singlespeed bike.
- 500-series OCLV Alpha Aluminium is hydroformed into size-specific tubes that provide the perfect balance of stiffness and weight.
- Carbon Armor helps to protect the frame against debris.
- Asymmetrical drop-stay provides extra clearance for wider tyres without compromising chainstay length or handling.
- Flat Mount Shimano hydraulic disc brakes: more elegant, lighter and smaller than standard disc brakes, providing superior performance for road and gravel bikes.
- Bontrager RL IsoZone handlebars integrate IsoZone foam pads directly into the bar's construction providing a minimal increase in diameter and weight, while displacing vibration by 20% to neutralise vibration and reduce hand numbness.
- IsoSpeed: The revolutionary IsoSpeed rear decoupler gives professional athletes and riders the world over an immediate advantage over rough roads and gravel thanks to double the compliance of a traditional road bike while still putting all the rider's power to the road. Trek's engineers designed a decoupler that allows the seat tube to rotate independently from the top tube-to-seatstay junction, increasing vertical compliance to twice that of the nearest rival system, without compromising pedalling efficiency. Result: you can ride harder, longer.
- 500 Series OCLV Carbon: OCLV is Trek's patented carbon production process. Over two decades ago, Trek engineers developed the Optimum Compaction, Low Void carbon manufacturing process, enabling them to produce carbon bikes with consistency and quality previously thought impossible. It was an industry breakthrough and to this day, Trek OCLV carbon frames are the best, most consistent you can buy.
Optimum Compaction means the carbon material is densely compressed, achieving the optimal fibre-to-resin ratio to maximise strength and minimise weight. Low Void (LV) means the carbon has almost no microscopic gaps between carbon layers, achieving a strength that exceeds even aerospace standards.
500 Series achieves a superb balance and light weight, strength and stiffness that's perfectly suited to the sophisticated frame technologies that distinguish Trek frames.
- Ride Tuned seatpost: The lightest, most comfortable solution for day-in, day-out performance and comfort. The no-cut design eliminates traditional seatpost clamping forces, so Trek can use less material at the seat tube junction, resulting in a lighter frame.
Most seatpost systems have to be cut, leaving little or no room for adjustability. The Ride Tuned seatpost system has more than 10cm of adjustment, making it the most adjustable system on the market.
- E2: A fork has two competing directives, to provide lateral rigidity for precision cornering, and to offer vertical compliance to absorb road imperfections. Trek's E2 asymmetric fork/steering tube is the first steerer specifically shaped to manage both. It gives better comfort and better handling.
- Tapered headtube: The E2 fork tapers from a 1.5" lower bearing to a 1 1/8" upper bearing. The larger-diameter lower bearing keeps the E2 fork stiffer under cornering loads and distributes forces more evenly, increasing the life of the bearings. Result: a more confident and durable ride.
- BB90: The widest bottom bracket available on a road bike. This Trek-exclusive carbon BB makes the frame lighter, stiffer, and quicker to accelerate.
- Flat Mount Brakes: more elegant, lighter, smaller and cleaner than traditional disc brakes.
- Control Freak Cable Management: Control Freak is the lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system. It allows any combination of shift and brake housing to be routed through the frame for clean aesthetics and an easily customised set-up.
- 3S integrated chain keeper is integrated directly into the bike frame. It's an elegant solution that provides flawless gear shifting even on rough roads and under heavy loads. No more standing on the side of the road, covered in grease, unwedging your dropped chain as competitors race by.
- Blendr Integration: Blendr seamlessly mounts Bontrager Trip computers, Bontrager Ion lights and Garmin computers directly to the handlebars, keeping everything zip tie-free and in its place.
- Mudguard compatible: Mudguard mounts allow for full-coverage mudguards so you can ride comfortably in less-than-ideal conditions
|Frame||500 Series OCLV Carbon, Rear IsoSpeed, Stranglehold dropouts, tapered head tube, BB90, flat-mount disc brakes, rack mounts and hidden mudguard mounts, Control Freak, internal control routing, 12 mm thru axle, 3S chain keeper, Ride Tuned seatmast.
|Forks||Checkpoint carbon disc, carbon tapered steerer, Flat Mount disc brakes, rack mounts, hidden mudguard mounts, 12mm thru axle.
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano 105|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano 105, braze-on|
|Shifters||Shimano RS505 STI, 11 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano 105, compact (50/34)|
|Freewheel||Shimano HG800 11-34, 11 speed cassette|
|Headset||Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite Blendr, with computer and light mounts (suit Bontrager computers and lights), 31.8mm, 7 degree|
|Handlebars||Bontrager RL IsoZone VR-CF, 31.8 mm|
|Front Brake||Shimano RS505 hydraulic disc, Flat Mount|
|Rear Brake||Shimano RS505 hydraulic disc, Flat Mount|
|Brake Levers||Shimano RS505 STI|
|Rims||Bontrager Tubeless Ready|
|Front Hub||Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 12mm, CentreLock|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 12mm, CentreLock|
|Tyres||Schwalbe G-One Allround, aramid bead, TL Easy, 700x35c|
|Saddle||Bontrager Ajna Comp, chromoly rails|
|Seatpost||Bontrager Ride Tuned seatmast cap, 10mm offset|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.