TREK Powerfly 5 e-MTB 2019
|Options||Sizes: 15.5, 17.5, 19.5, 21.5"; Colour: Volt Green; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: 15.5, 17.5, 19.5, 21.5"; Colour: Matte Trek Black - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Electric-assist mountain bikes amplify your pedalling power while amplifying the amount of fun you'll have out on the trail. Go further, go faster and go to more places. Enjoy more of everything that makes mountain biking great.
Powerfly 5 is an e-MTB that pairs the boost of a Bosch electric bike system and the sleek looks of a traditional trail bike. The Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) is fully encased in the lightweight aluminium frame but doesn't require tools for removal. This user-friendly electric mountain bike is built according to Trek's performance trail heritage with exclusive tech, great suspension and a motor that can help you sustain speeds of up to 15.5 mph.
- Powerfly expands boundaries: the Bosch system is equally suited to commuting, recreation and a ridiculously fun time on the trails.
- Powerful central-mount Bosch motor, for speeds up to 15.5 mph (25 km/h).
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy to remove the battery without tools and even lets you mount a water bottle cage.
- Lightweight and tough Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with additional unique Motor Armor to protect the motor from stone damage.
- High quality 10 speed Shimano gearing and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes.
- Smart Wheel Size: the right wheel size paired with your frame size gives the perfect combination of responsiveness and control. 15.5" frames are optimised for 27.5 wheels, while 17.5, 19 and 21" sizes have 29er wheels, so everyone get a better fitting bike.
- G2 Geometry: advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give the 29er bikes precise handling at low speed while maintaining high speed stability, giving exceptionally good handling bikes.
- Boost148/110: Wider hubs fitting into wider dropouts increase the stiffness of the wheels for better performance, while also allowing space for wider tyres
Mounted centrally in the frame, the Bosch Performance CX motor is powerful, rugged and reliable. Bosch PowerPacks set industry standards in terms of weight, energy density and range. PowerPack 500 is Bosch's premium model featuring 500 Wh and a guaranteed long lifespan. The battery can be charged in situ, or easily removed to take with you. Assistance is provided up to 20mph. The positioning of the motor and the battery within the down tube gives a lower, better balanced centre of gravity for a better handling bike.
Designed to handle the rigours of off-road riding, the Bosch Performance CX system gives excellent torque and sustained power for sporty, powerful yet smooth acceleration. One step on the pedal and the power kicks in: the Performance Line CX is the ideal drive for ambitious sports enthusiasts and demanding eBikers.
The eMTB mode automatically varies between 'Tour' and 'Turbo' assistance levels. A maximum torque of up to 75 Nm strengthens the motor and the rider's personal contribution between 120% and 300%. Depending on the pedal pressure the progressive motor support adjusts automatically to the individual's riding characteristics. It means you can concentrate on the trail without having to worry about changing gears. Together with the Performance CX's improved power transfer and dynamics, the result is that riding, even on steep slopes, is almost effortless. It ensures a natural riding sensation and maximum performance on the trail.
The compact Purion on-board computer serves as your eBike's command centre, making it possible to switch between the riding modes offering the different levels of assistance, as well as to call up information like speed, battery level and distance. The Purion display is back-lit for easy reading.
Powerfly 5 comes with the fastest Bosch Standard Charger, which operates silently. It is compact, with the same dimensions and weight as a water bottle (less than 800g). The PowerPack 500 is completely recharged in 4.5 hours, enabling you to get back on the trail as soon as possible.
For an interactive guide to typical ranges between each charges of the battery go to the Bosch eBike Range Assistant here.
|Frame||Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, G2 Geometry on 29ers, Boost148.
|Forks||RockShox Judy Silver TK, coil spring, preload, rebound adjust, TurnKey hydraulic lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry with 51 mm offset on 29ers, Boost110, 100mm travel
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore M6000, Shadow Plus|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M6000, 10 speed|
|Chainset||FSA 310, 15T, with chain guard|
|Freewheel||Shimano HG50, 11-42, 10 speed cassette|
|Headset||FSA IS-2, 1 1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width|
|Front Brake||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano MT200|
|Rims||Bontrager Kovee 23, Tubeless Ready, 32 hole double-walled|
|Front Hub||Bontrager alloy, Boost110|
|Rear Hub||Bontrager sealed bearing alloy axle, Boost148|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR3, 29x2.40" (15.5: 27.5x2.35")|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Endurance Elite|
|Miscellaneous||Bosch Performance CX motor (250 watt, 75 Nm); Bosch PowerTube 500 internal downtube battery; Bosch Purion display/controller|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.