ORBEA Wild FS 40 29S eMTB 2019
|Options||Sizes: S, M, L and XL (29); Colour: Satin Graphite/Red; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: S, M, L and XL (29); Colour: Satin Black/Green - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
It's time to get moving. Load up your pack for an afternoon ride and start pedalling. Whatever obstacles exist between you and the trails and your Special Places, it's time to run over them. Reclaim access and discover new adventures the way you like - aboard a fun and capable machine that enhances your skills while it extends your range. Conquer steep climbs and push the limits of traction and good judgement on the way back down. Enjoy clever design and sophisticated suspension kinematics, or simply focus on the trail. Wild FS revitalises your riding and helps you chart new destinations. Take back control - take back your Wild.
- Orbea design optimises suspension characteristics and kinematics for the widest possible range of riding conditions
- 140mm travel front and rear suspension
- Advanced hydroformed aluminium frame is 29" and 27.5+ compatible
- Boost 148/110 hub widths for stronger wheels and shorter chainstays
- eMTB optimised components
- Powerful and lightweight Shimano E8000 eMTB specific system
- Metal armour motor protection
- Integrated battery fits sleekly within the frame shaping
- Convenient tool-free battery access with protective, rubber shielded charging port
- Accessible external power button and battery charge indication
Also available with 27.5" wheels (Orbea Wild FS 40 27S)
Shimano Steps E8000
With Shimano Steps MTB you can ride further, faster and longer, while still training your fitness and honing your skills. It's for you trail chasers out there. Ride down forest paths or along mountain ridges and breath in the scent of freedom. Shimano Steps MTB makes climbing easy. It's light for easy handling. And it levels the field for riders of all skill levels. Taking you to places you couldn't previously reach.
Shimano E8000 is designed specifically to give you that natural feel of riding a normal MTB. The motor weighs only 2.8kg, one of the lightest available. It offers stable, smooth intuitive power for improved bike handling over every section of trail. The drive unit accommodates frames with shorter chain stays to give STEPS MTB equipped bikes natural mountain bike handling like a normal MTB.
The drivetrain components are designed to work in sync with each other for unparalleled effectiveness and reliability. Lightweight yet rigid chainset for direct power transfer. Both crankset and rest of the drivetrain built on Shimano's proven technology. This gives you reliability and confidence from first to last pedal stroke.
The easy to read colour display is specifically designed to be compact and durable for MTB riding. It displays gear selection, power assist mode and battery range information.
The lightweight drive unit is controlled intuitively by a left-hand power mode switch with three settings (ECO, TRAIL and BOOST) for different types of terrain.
Choose ECO for covering the greatest distances and BOOST for the most assistance. In TRAIL mode the level of assistance is automatically adjusted according to hard you pedal. Quickly and seamlessly self-adjusting to match your riding style, it means you can concentrate on the trails, knowing you'll have complete support and optimal control on the bike.
There's also Walk mode, if you need assistance to push the bike.
You can further personalise your support settings by choosing Dynamic, Explorer or Custom Mode to perfectly match your riding style and intended terrain.
* Dynamic mode is the "factory default" setting. Its Boost level is set to high for maximum power assist and Trail level set to low. Its high Boost gives you max support to tackle the steepest of climbs. The low Trail helps you to have max control through challenging technical sections by providing optimal traction.
* Explorer mode is set on medium level for both Boost and Trail. This mode setting is designed to give you the ideal balance between boosting your normal pace, while taking a bit off the top end speed through technically challenging sections for solid control.
* Custom mode gives you full control over choosing your ideal power-assist levels for both Boost and Trail. By setting them to your personal riding style, you will instantly feel more connected to your bike and with the trails. Passing from one type of terrain to the next will feel like seamless transitions, when supplied with the correct support to match your unique needs.
Using the Shimano E-tube app on your PC, tablet or smartphone, you can easily adjust the Boost and Trail modes to create your personal e-power assistant. Easily adjust your drive unit's e-power on the fly with Bluetooth. No cables needed!
The e-MTB Switch Unit is ergonomically designed for the specific demands of MTB riding such as riding through tight singletrack and bumpy terrain. It gives accurate, smooth shifting between power-assist modes regardless of weather or terrain conditions. Switch between Boost, Trail, Eco and Walk settings in a flash during the ride. The shifters incorporate the same design and shifting feel as XT Di2.
The integrated battery is durable and powerful, especially designed for the rigours of mountain biking. The compact, low profile design has improved impact and vibration resistance. It has a high capacity long-lasting Li-Ion battery of 504 Wh to cover more territory. Supporting travel up to 100 km on one charge, it charges to 80% in two and a half hours and 100% in five hours. The battery can be charged 1000 times with no significant loss of power.
|Frame||WILD Full Suspension Hydroformed Alloy, 140mm travel, Boost148, for Shimano E8000.
Fox Float DPS Performance 3-Position EVOL custom tune rear shock, 200x51mm, 140mm travel.
|Forks||SR Suntour ZERON-35 LO-R Coil, Boost110, 140mm travel|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore M6000 GS Shadow Plus Direct Mount|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M6000, 10 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano E80 34T|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano Hollowtech II|
|Chain||KMC X10eT, eBike specific|
|Freewheel||SunRace 11-42, 10 speed cassette|
|Headset||FSA integrated, tapered (1 1/8 - 1 1/2")|
|Stem||Orbea alloy 35mm|
|Handlebars||Orbea alloy riser, 35x780mm|
|Front Brake||Shimano M365 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano M365 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano M365|
|Rims||Orbea Tryp 30c Disc Tubeless Teady|
|Tyres||Kenda 1184A Havok 29x2.4" 60TPI TLR, eBike specific|
|Saddle||Selle Royal 2077 DRN|
|Seatpost||Orbea OC-I alloy, 31.6x400mm|
|Miscellaneous||Shimano DU-E8000 motor; Shimano Steps E8010 500Wh battery; Shimano Steps SC-E8010 display/controller|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.