TREK Neko SL WSD*Clearance Product
|Options||Size: 14"; Colour: Seeglass Appleseed Blue - In Stock|
Neko SL is the perfect women's hybrid: road bike fast, trail bike capable and urban-ready. Fun, versatile, and practical for the diverse demands of your daily life.
If you're looking for one go-anywhere bike, Neko is it - equally adept on road or off.
- Lightweight frame that fits:
The Neko SL offers a balanced, confidence-inspiring ride with the lowest standover in its class. Lightweight and durable, no need to compromise.
- Road bike fast:
Lightweight frame and 700c wheels with tyres that roll efficiently on the road. Keep up with your friends, or pass them by.
- Trail bike capable:
Ready for dirt and gravel trails, Neko SL gives you the versatility to explore more. Go ahead, take the shortcut.
- 63mm suspension fork can tackle rough terrain, giving a comfortable, controlled ride
- Lock-out function allows easy transition between efficiency on the road and comfort on the trail
- Women's Specific Design (WSD) features for greater comfort: WSD Rider Right sprung suspension forks work best for you; WSD saddle and gel handlebar grips
- High quality 27 speed Shimano gears with a wide gear range, great for the hills or the flat!
- Strong, all-weather reliable Tektro hydraulic disc brakes are great for controlling your speed and for simply stopping!
- Mudguard and rack mounts add versatility
- Women's Specific Design:
WSD considers your bike as a complete system, from frame geometry to gearing to the many touchpoints that determine the fit and feel of your ride.
- Neko SL embraces new technology to enhance your experience by connecting to your mobile device or computer. The optional DuoTrap S sensor enables the Neko SL to communicate directly with Bluetooth and ANT+ equipped smart phones and cycle computers, so you can have all the ride information you desire. This way, the speed and distance readings are more accurate, you can check your cadence, and you don't need to drain the phone's battery by using power hungry GPS.
- Blendr stem: Blendr technology allows seamless integration of accessories directly onto the Neko SL. Compatible accessories can be mounted directly to the stem of the bike for an easy and enhanced user experience.
- Tubeless Ready: if you want to these rims will allow you to take the plunge to a tubeless tyre system. Advantages of going tubeless include: a lighter set-up, reduced chance of punctures, and the ability to run grippier, lower tyre pressures without having to worry about pinch punctures.
Upgrades from Neko S:
- Shimano Alivio/Acera 27-speed gearing
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes
- Bontrager Tubeless Ready rims
- Formula DC20/22 hubs
- Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
- Bontrager Satellite Elite lock-on handlebar grips
Bicycling Magazine (reviewing the 2014 version):
"There are touring bikes and there are city bikes. There are hybrids, mountain bikes, â€˜cross bikes, and cruisers. And then there's the Trek Neko, a bike so multifunctional??"and elegant??"it almost could be all of these.
As soon as I got my hands on a Neko SL early this summer, I knew this was going to be the kind of bike that would need a long-term tryout with a variety of testers. It was clear that it had the potential to be different things to different people based on an array of features including a lightweight aluminium frame, 9-speed Shimano drivetrain and triple crankset, a hydraulic lockout suspension fork, disc brakes, and rack/fender mounts. It's an impressive list, and it helps make the bike an exciting addition to the women's market. The fact is, many women, especially those new to cycling, are looking for one bike they can use for any kind of riding, from mellow family outings to adventure races. Plus it has to be sturdy, handle well, and look good.
The Neko has little trouble meeting all these requirements. Hybrid tyres take you from road to trail with ease. Flat handlebars and cushy, ergonomic grips support a relaxed, upright riding position. A downward-curving top tube with ample standover clearance and adjustable-reach brake levers make you feel safe during stop-and-go traffic. As for style, the Neko has it in spades: graceful frame lines, modern eye-catching graphics, and a warm gloss finish.
I found the Neko so versatile I rode it at the beach, on errands, and on trail and road rides with my 12-year-old daughter. (Incidentally, she loved the Neko so much I often had to pry it away from her for test rides.) Feedback from various riders??"cycling newbies to experienced roadies??"concurred that the Neko is a joy to pedal and offers the kind of no-worries handling you want in a bike you'll use for fun and fitness. With three models ... it's a great all-in-one choice that will take you to work, to town, to the park??"or wherever you'd want to go on a bike."
Available size: 14"
|Frame||WSD Alpha Gold Aluminium, DuoTrap S compatible, rack and mudguard mounts.
Compatible with direct mount rear chainstay kickstands (18mm hole spacing).
|Forks||SR Suntour NEX, WSD Rider Right coil spring, hydraulic lockout, preload, 63mm travel|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Alivio|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Acera|
|Shifters||Shimano Acera M390, 9 speed trigger|
|Chainset||FSA Dyna Drive, triple (48/36/26)|
|Bottom Bracket||Sealed cartridge|
|Freewheel||SRAM PG-950 11-32, 9 speed cassette|
|Headset||Cartridge bearings, sealed|
|Stem||Bontrager Blendr Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Low-Riser, 31.8mm, 15mm rise|
|Front Brake||Tektro HDC-300 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Tektro HDC-300 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Tektro hydraulic|
|Rims||Bontrager Approved Tubeless Ready|
|Front Hub||Formula DC20 alloy|
|Rear Hub||Formula DC22 alloy|
|Tyres||Bontrager LT3, 700x38c|
|Saddle||Bontrager Evoke 1 WSD|
|Seatpost||Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt clamp, 27.2mm, 12mm offset|
|Pedals||Nylon body with alloy cage|
|Grips||Bontrager Satellite Elite, lock-on, ergonomic|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.