TREK Marlin 5 2022
|Options||Size: XXS in 26; Colour: Lithium Grey; In Stock
Size: XS in 27.5; Colour: Lithium Grey; EXPECTED MID JANUARY 2022; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: S in 27.5; Colour: Lithium Grey; In Stock
Size: XXS in 26; Colour: Azure; In Stock
Size: XS in 27.5; Colour: Azure; In Stock
Size: S in 27.5; Colour: Azure; In Stock
Size: XXS in 26; Colour: Radioactive Red; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: XS in 27.5; Colour: Radioactive Red; EXPECTED EARLY JANUARY 2022; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: S in 27.5; Colour: Radioactive Red; EXPECTED EARLY JANUARY 2022; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: XXS in 26; Colour: Volt to Miami Green Fade; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: XS in 27.5; Colour: Volt to Miami Green Fade; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: S in 27.5; Colour: Volt to Miami Green Fade; In Stock
Marlin takes its cue from light, fast XC bikes. The right wheel size for each frame size, performance pedigree and an unbeatable ride feel make Marlin the perfect trail rider.
Marlin 5 is a trail-worthy daily rider that's perfectly suited for everyday adventures, on and off the trail. A suspension fork with lockout, 2x8 Shimano Altus gearing, and mounts for a rack and kickstand make it an ideal choice for new trail riders or anyone looking for a comfortable, stable commuter with the ruggedness of a real mountain bike.
Even better - Marlin 5 now comes in a new XXS size with 26" wheels and appropriately sized parts to give the smallest riders the best control on the trail.
- XC light, mountain tough: Alpha Silver Aluminium frame is race light, mountain strong, and ride tuned for peak performance. The new frame features sleek tube shapes and clean internal routing for all cables and hoses including both derailleurs and rear brake.
- Trail Ready: not all bikes with knobby tyres are ready to handle the real world of off-road riding. Trek's Trail Ready certification indicates the frame has passed Trek's strict testing for durability and impact standards, and is ready to handle the rigours of real off-road riding.
- Versatile: built in mounts make it easy to add a rack and mudguards if you want to.
- Lifetime warranty: built to last, the Marlin is backed by Trek's limited lifetime warranty.
- Shifting is handled by Shimano's reliable 2x8 speed Altus gearing.
- Powerful Tektro hydraulic disc brakes give excellent control and feel.
- Terrain-smoothing SR Suntour forks with lockout function for more efficient climbing and road riding.
- The right fit: extra small and small frames have 27.5" wheels, short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that make it easier for riders with smaller hands to stay in control. XXS frames also have the right sized controls matched with 26" wheels.
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control. Everyone wins.
So go on, find a trail and enjoy!
Upgrades from Marlin 4:
- SR Suntour XCT 30 fork (XXS: XCM 30) with lock-out
- Shimano Altus 2x8 gearing
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes more more power and feel
- Formula DC-22 cassette rear hub
Next model up: Marlin 6
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminium, internal derailleur, dropper post and brake routing, chainstay brake mount, rack and kickstand mount.
|Forks||SR Suntour XCT 30, coil spring, lockout, preload, QR, 100mm travel (XS-S); SR Suntour XCM 30, coil spring, lockout, preload, QR, 100mm travel (XXS)|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Altus M310|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Altus M315|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus M315, 2x8 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano M315 2x8 (36/22) (XS-S); Prowheel TM0CY10 2x8 (36/22), 160mm crank length (XXS)|
|Bottom Bracket||VP BC73, 73mm, sealed threaded cartridge|
|Freewheel||Shimano, 12-32, 8 speed cassette|
|Headset||1 1/8" threadless, semi-integrated|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, Blendr-compatible (mounts available for Bontrager lights and Bontrager and Garmin computers), 31.8mm, 7 degree|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise|
|Front Brake||Tektro HD-276 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Tektro HD-276 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Tektro HD-276 short reach lever|
|Rims||Bontrager Connection 32 hole double-walled, 20mm width|
|Front Hub||Formula DC20 alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR|
|Rear Hub||Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, 135x5mm QR|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR2 Comp, 26x2.2" / 27.5x2.2"|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada, 138mm width|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Endurance Comp|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.