TREK Marlin 5 2019
|Options||Sizes: 13.5, 15.5" in 27.5; Colour: Matte Trek Black; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: 17.5, 18.5, 19.5, 21.5, 23" in 29; Colour: Matte Trek Black; - In Stock
Sizes: 13.5, 15.5" in 27.5; Colour: Volt Green; - USUALLY AVAILABLE WITHIN 3-10 DAYS
Sizes: 17.5, 18.5, 19.5, 21.5, 23" in 29; Colour: Volt Green - In Stock
Marlin takes its cue from light, fast XC bikes. The right wheel size for each frame size, performance pedigree and an unbeatable ride feel make Marlin the perfect trail rider.
The all-new 2019 Marlins feature sleek Alpha Silver Aluminium frames that are closer in geometry and weight to their more race-oriented siblings, the X-Caliber. The advanced new frame has internal routing for all cables and housing, along with internal routing ports for dropper post upgrades and an updated 31.6mm seat tube.
The Marlin is a true performance bike, fully capable of long rides and races. It offers so much more than might be expected at this price point.
- XC light, mountain tough: Alpha Silver Aluminium frame is race light, mountain strong, and ride tuned for peak performance. The new frame features sleek tube shapes and clean internal routing for all cables and hoses including both derailleurs and rear brake.
- Trail Ready: not all bikes with knobby tyres are ready to handle the real world of off-road riding. Trek's Trail Ready certification indicates the frame has passed Trek's strict testing for durability and impact standards, and is ready to handle the rigours of real off-road riding.
- Versatile: built in mounts make it easy to add a rack and mudguards if you want to.
- Lifetime warranty: built to last, the Marlin is backed by Trek's limited lifetime warranty.
- Shifting is handled by Shimano's reliable 21 speed Altus and Tourney gearing.
- Powerful Tektro hydraulic disc brakes give excellent control and feel.
- SR Suntour XCE 28 suspension fork smooths out the bumps.
- The right fit: available in a wide range of seven frame sizes, ranging from 13.5" to 23", there's a Marlin for anyone, at any height. This is the widest size range in the industry.
Smart Wheel Size ensures every rider gets the fastest wheel that fits. 13.5" and 15.5" frames have 27.5" wheels, short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that make it easier for riders with smaller hands to stay in control.
The 13.5" size also has a shorter 80mm travel fork that gives smaller riders a better fit for a more efficient pedalling position.
17.5" and above frame sizes have 29" (29er) wheels. The 29ers gain from Trek's vast experience with bigger wheel sizes, and feature advanced G2 frame geometry and a custom offset fork to give you brilliant handling: precise at low speed without compromising high-speed stability.
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control. Everyone wins.
So go on, find a trail and enjoy!
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminium, internal derailleur, dropper post and brake routing, chainstay brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, G2 Geometry on 29ers.
|Forks||SR Suntour XCE 28, coil spring, preload, G2 Geometry with 51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel (13.5: 80mm travel)|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tourney TY300|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Tourney TY300|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus M310, 7 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano Tourney TY501, triple (42/34/24)|
|Bottom Bracket||Sealed cartridge|
|Freewheel||Shimano TZ500, 14-28, 7 speed
|Headset||1 1/8" threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 7 degree rise, Blendr compatible|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise|
|Front Brake||Tektro HD-275 hydraulic disc (Tektro HD-276 on 13.5 and 15.5" sizes)|
|Rear Brake||Tektro HD-275 hydraulic disc (Tektro HD-276 on 13.5 and 15.5" sizes)|
|Brake Levers||Tektro HD-275 (Tektro HD-276 short reach lever on 13.5 and 15.5" sizes)|
|Rims||Bontrager Connection 32 hole double-walled|
|Front Hub||Formula DC20 alloy|
|Rear Hub||Formula DC22 alloy|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR2, 29x2.0" / Bontrager XR2, 27.5x2.2"|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Endurance Comp|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.