TREK Marlin 5 Women's 2021
|Options||Size: XS in 27.5; Colour: Purple Flip; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: S in 27.5; Colour: Purple Flip; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: M in 29; Colour: Purple Flip; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: M/L in 29; Colour: Purple Flip; CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Size: XS in 27.5; Colour: Slate/Aloha Green; EXPECTED LATE SEPTEMBER 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: S in 27.5; Colour: Slate/Aloha Green; EXPECTED LATE OCTOBER 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: M in 29; Colour: Slate/Aloha Green; EXPECTED MID OCTOBER 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Size: M/L in 29; Colour: Slate/Aloha Green; EXPECTED LATE JUNE 2021; PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY
Marlin 5 Women's is a trail-worthy daily rider that's perfectly suited for everyday adventures, on and off the trail. A front suspension fork with 100mm of travel, parts designed specifically for women, 21 speeds and mounts for a rack and kickstand make it an ideal choice for new trail riders or anyone looking for a comfortable, stable commuter with the ruggedness of a real mountain bike.
The Marlin is a true performance bike, fully capable of long rides and races. It offers so much more than might be expected at this price point.
- XC light, mountain tough: Alpha Silver Aluminium frame is race light, mountain strong, and ride tuned for peak performance. The new frame features sleek tube shapes and clean internal routing for all cables and hoses including both derailleurs and rear brake.
- Trail Ready: not all bikes with knobby tyres are ready to handle the real world of off-road riding. Trek's Trail Ready certification indicates the frame has passed Trek's strict testing for durability and impact standards, and is ready to handle the rigours of real off-road riding.
- Versatile: built in mounts make it easy to add a rack and mudguards if you want to.
- Lifetime warranty: built to last, the Marlin is backed by Trek's limited lifetime warranty.
- Shifting is handled by Shimano's reliable 21 speed Altus and Tourney gearing.
- Powerful Tektro hydraulic disc brakes give excellent control and feel.
- SR Suntour XCE 28 suspension fork smooths out the bumps.
- The right fit: available in a wide range of seven frame sizes, there's a Marlin for anyone, at any height. This is the widest size range in the industry.
Smart Wheel Size ensures every rider gets the fastest wheel that fits. Extra small (13.5") and small (15.5") frames have 27.5" wheels, short-reach brake levers and narrower handlebars that make it easier for riders with smaller hands to stay in control.
The XS size also has a shorter 80mm travel fork that gives smaller riders a better fit for a more efficient pedalling position.
Medium and above frame sizes have 29" (29er) wheels. The 29ers gain from Trek's vast experience with bigger wheel sizes, and feature advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork to give you brilliant handling: precise at low speed without compromising high-speed stability.
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control. Everyone wins.
So go on, find a trail and enjoy!
Next model up:
Marlin 6 Women's
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminium, internal derailleur, dropper post and brake routing, chainstay brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, lower standover on XS and S sizes.
|Forks||SR Suntour XCE 28, coil spring, preload, 100mm travel (XS: 80mm travel)|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tourney TY300|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Tourney TY300|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus M315, 3x7 speed|
|Chainset||Shimano Tourney TY301, triple (42/34/24)|
|Bottom Bracket||VP BC73, 73mm, sealed threaded cartridge|
|Freewheel||Shimano HG200, 12-32, 7 speed cassette
|Headset||1 1/8" threadless, semi-integrated|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, Blendr-compatible (mounts available for Bontrager lights and Bontrager and Garmin computers), 31.8mm, 7 degree|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise|
|Front Brake||Tektro HD-275 hydraulic disc (Tektro HD-276 on XS and S sizes)|
|Rear Brake||Tektro HD-275 hydraulic disc (Tektro HD-276 on XS and S sizes)|
|Brake Levers||Tektro HD-275 (Tektro HD-276 short reach lever on XS and S sizes)|
|Rims||Bontrager Connection 32 hole double-walled, 20mm width|
|Front Hub||Formula DC20 alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR|
|Rear Hub||Formula DC-27, alloy, 6-bolt, 135x5mm QR|
|Tyres||Bontrager XR2 Comp, 29x2.2" / Bontrager XR2 Comp, 27.5x2.2"|
|Saddle||Bontrager Ajna 1 Women's|
|Seatpost||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Endurance Comp|
|Miscellaneous||N.B. Accessories shown not included|
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.